What's new

The damn thing just died

SomeDude

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

This morning I had just finished a call on my 5 and all of a sudden the screen went blank and the Apple logo appeared. I purged the cache and the phone was fine, I was in the middle of a phone call a short while later and the thing just died. I can't get it to do anything and yes I have the latest update, I updated the phone last weekend and had no problems with it up until this morning.

Cheers,
SD

I did indeed, I'm at the Apple store right now and the tech's haves told me it's gone for good. The guy also said that it's a problem he hasn't seen before, so I'm hoping this is a fluke. Thanks again everyone and remember............it' 5 O'Clock somewhere!

I did indeed, I'm at the Apple store right now and the tech's haves told me it's gone for good. The guy also said that it's a problem he hasn't seen before, so I'm hoping this is a fluke. Thanks again everyone and remember............it' 5 O'Clock somewhere!
Did they replace it?

I had a similar scare this morning with a more positive result. I updated the IOS just yesterday. No problems. Was reading my e book with the phone last night. Put it to sleep when I was done and set it on the night stand. This morning it would not wake up. After holding the power and sleep buttons down for a while I got the Apple logo and that stayed on for a long time then faded away. I tried again and got the DFU icon (Plug into iTunes). So, I did that and iTunes would not recognize a phone was plugged in. I then put the phone on a charger for about five minutes. When I came back, it worked perfectly.
The thing is... It was showing a 95% charge! I knew that it wasn't dead because it had been plugged in to my laptop all night until bedtime.

I guess it's just one of those freaky things but this is the first issue I've had since it was new (about 15 months old) and now I've lost a bit of trust in it, especially with an upcoming biz trip where a working smart phone is critical.

My money is on yesterday's update causing a problem. And speaking of updates, My wife's phone, since the update, is now dropping from 100% to about 75% overnight, just sitting on the dresser. No background apps running. Wifi turned off. Bluetooth turned off. It's just crazy.