What's new

Battery only lasting a couple of hours

Bellasmum

Reaction score
Hi, My iphone 5c is about 18 months old and up until this week I have not had any problems with it!
BUT this week, wow it's like having an old phone!

It suddenly at the weekend started loosing its charge after a few hours off charge, even if it's just sat there not being used.

I have done all the usual things to stop app's working in the background even deleted and switched off things i did not even know the phone could do, after some advice. Have re booted the phone a few times but still after 3/4 hours it dies on me.

Is this a known problem with a phone this age?
Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated, PLEASE!
Cheers in advance! x

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Bellasmum!

Your device should have a better battery life than 3/4 hours.

Even though this thread has a topic which isn't exactly the same as yours, you'll find some useful advice for your problem there:
iPhone 6 battery life | Apple iPhone Forum

Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software version is iOS 8.4.1.

Welcome to iPhoneForums, Bellasmum!

Your device should have a better battery life than 3/4 hours.

Even though this thread has a topic which isn't exactly the same as yours, you'll find some useful advice for your problem there:
iPhone 6 battery life | Apple iPhone Forum

Is your iPhone up to date? The latest software version is iOS 8.4.1.

Thanks for the welcome.
I looked at that link and all that is suggested there are what I have already tried and it has not helped. Its been on charge over night and its already down by 10% in an hour without using it :eek:(

All software is up to date, so I just don't know what to do next

Cheers for any help that is offered! x

Try restoring it, using iTunes. Make sure there's a most recent backup. Then connect it to iTunes and restore it.