What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

I got Impactor and March-Portal. I should be good to go when it arrives ;)

You don't want MachPortal. That's only for iPhone 7/7+ - not SE.

Get rid of that - and download Yalu102 beta 7 - from Luca's Yalu site. Near top of page. Then you're ready to go!

Easiest Jailbreak I've ever done. I hear a rumor that PanGu is working on a jailbreak for 10.3.1...

Easiest Jailbreak I've ever done. I hear a rumor that PanGu is working on a jailbreak for 10.3.1...

Yep - simple JB. Don't forget - if you reboot after a 7day period - you'll need to reload the JB tool again from your computer. It's only a 7-day cert.

As to 10.3.1.. well -- it's a lovely dream... :).. But I will believe it when it's actually released.. lol. I can't even say "believe it when I SEE it" anymore since there've been so many video fakes with Pangu this time; actual videos that show Cydia on iOS 10.2.1, etc.. -- but all fakes. We used to be able to believe video proof in the past - but these kids, wanting more YouTube likes for their monetized video hits, use all sorts of video editing tools to fake a legit JB proof video.

The only reason this one for 10.3/10.3.1 looks a "bit" more legit - is that RedmondPie is a pretty legit trustworthy source. And the video of Cydia running on 10.3.1 was at a legit hackers conference - rather than in some kid's dark bedroom lighting.. [emoji23][emoji12]..

But still I'm suspicious.. last week they said it would be released this week.. and nothing.. still crickets. So we'll see. But don't hold your breath. I'm not.

I have seen sites that say there is a jailbreak for the iPhone 7 running 10.2.1, but none of them seem to work for me.
Is there a JB, and is there one that works all the time?

Yalu will do 10.2, but not sure if it works on 10.2.1

It's Yalu10.2 beta 7

But like I said, no idea if it works on 10.2.1?

Yep - simple JB. Don't forget - if you reboot after a 7day period - you'll need to reload the JB tool again from your computer. It's only a 7-day cert...

I was introduced to Extender: Reloaded this weekend. It re-signs 2 days from the 7 day expiration. I no longer need to hook up my phone to my computer and use impactor to reinstall Yalu. Just open the Yalu app after reboot and re-JB!

I was introduced to Extender: Reloaded this weekend. It re-signs 2 days from the 7 day expiration. I no longer need to hook up my phone to my computer and use impactor to reinstall Yalu. Just open the Yalu app after reboot and re-JB!

Yes - wonderful tool by Saurik and mastered by Matchstic.

Get ready for our yearly Christmas Jailbreak. Just days away from one for 11-11.1.2.

So it’s looking like, when all is said & done... we’ll have 3 different jailbreak tools for iOS11-11.1.2. The one that’s already out from @Morpheus called “LiberIOS” and coming shortly we’ll have the one from @cheesecakeufo and the one from @coolstar, the developer of the theming app, Anemone.

We’re all just waiting on Saurik to update Cydia and Cydia Substrate.

I’ve already jailbroken with the LiberIOS tool because even without Cydia it protects your phone from auto firmware updates aggressively pushed by Apple.

This jailbreak will be another semi-untethered (side load) JB like we had for 9.3.3 and 10.1.1 and 10.2. You need Cydia Impactor to load the IPA file onto your phone.

Get Cydia Impacotr here: Cydia Impactor
Get LiberiOS jb tool ipa from here: LiberiOS - Now liberating *OS up to (but not including) 11.2