What's new

The "Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on iOS X.X.X" Thread

Question:

Do we need to load a tweak to prevent an automatic software update to 8.1.3 like we used to awhile back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Both the PanGu and the TaiG jailbreak tools have the protection built-in. So, we don't have to worry about the updates automatically downloading & installing.

Marilyn

At the moment, Apple is still signing iOS 8.1.2. So it's possible, but no one knows how long this will be an option.

Do we know if this is still true and if not, what the latest breakable iOS is? I have two new iPhone 5s coming and no clue what iOS they'll have on them but I hate them stock...

Thanks,
Rik

Do we know if this is still true and if not, what the latest breakable iOS is? I have two new iPhone 5s coming and no clue what iOS they'll have on them but I hate them stock...

Thanks,
Rik
Apple stopped signing iOS 8.1.2 on February 10th. There is as yet no jailbreak for iOS 8.1.3 and no estimate of when we can expect one. If your new iPhones come with iOS 8.1.3 installed, you'll have to wait for the next jailbreak.

You can check ipsw.me for signing status of all firmwares and devices
Hey Willerz, (or anyone really)

Both of the new phones came with 8.0.2 on them. As I recall, that iOS was jail breakable, but weren't there some issues with it? Like a serious bug or battery fix that came with 8.1?

Thanks,
Rik

Some users reported cellular and WiFi connectivity issues. Others reported problems in Safari. Depending on how important jailbreaking is for you you may want to update and wait for the next jailbreak.

Some users reported cellular and WiFi connectivity issues. Others reported problems in Safari. Depending on how important jailbreaking is for you you may want to update and wait for the next jailbreak.
Ok, thank you. JB is VERY important but having an issue-free phone is more important.

I appreciate the info.

Please forgive this dumb question but, does anyone have any kind of idea on when a jailbreak might be available for an iPhone 5s that is running version 8.1.3?

Please forgive this dumb question but, does anyone have any kind of idea on when a jailbreak might be available for an iPhone 5s that is running version 8.1.3?
I'm afraid not. It all depends on what exploits can be found and used by jailbreak developers. All we can do is wait for leaks and announcements about an upcoming jailbreak.