What's new

the #1 noob you will know

A

alphastrikefx

hi im joel im the guy who has stayed away from cell phones for over two years thats right not one cell phone and i have never touched a iphone till last night my buddy has been trying to get me to get an iphone mac for as long as i can remember so he finally got a newer one that talks back the siri one which is kinda freaky but anyways he dropped his 3g s in my mailbox so i charged it up last night and woke up sort of feeling like a kid on xmas day but i have a problem already its turned off but i figured i would go thru the menu and play with it and get comfortible but it had a little lock up top and when i drag the finger it dosn't open if i call my buddy he knows i will not give it another try as this will add fuel to the debate phones take over our lives so i calmly came here to ask is there a way i can play with it shouldn't it be a an mp3player and stuff letting me see whats inside or do i have to trun it on first

hello and welcome re alpha...

I dont agree with what you say that they take over but every one heavily relies on them and makes good use of them but its something that you cant live with out now.

press on the home button or the on/off button first to bring up the slide to unlock icon and then you can access other features such as the mp3 player using the music icon or the ipod one depending on if its on ios 5 which is the latest firmware for the device..

why is it off?lol

the slide icon is there but wont slide there is a picture of a lock at the top of the screen

and its true everyone of my friends cannot live with out the phone one day i ask a couple of my friends to give me thier phones for two hours then i started asking them to tell me a phone number for a certain person the only number the anyone could remember was 911 lol
and texting forgettaboutit they have full conversations in text when a simple 20 sec phone call would recieve the same anwser i hope to not get hooked that way i remember when we had beepers

ah ok! that means you have to plug the device into your computer and launch itunes it will activate for you in a few seconds as long as you are using the carrier the device is locked to, probably ATT but then you should be good to go.

yeah lol because you have all the numbers saved you dont need to sit there and remember them which is good but if you lose your contacts or phone its a great pain so another thing we rely on the phone for... god I remember those beepers! you had to ring an agent and they would send a message to the persons beeper who then could not reply lol..

I am exactly the same with texts.. a 5 page essay for something that could of been said in 2 seconds over the phone.. but texting is not for every one ppl hate it and rather calling and with imessage you can send them free to any one on ios 5 :D

I also remember my first cell phone could not even send texts

G'day and welcome to the forum!!!! :)