What's new

Thank you

Wesman

Reaction score
Good morning. Wesman here. I am new to the iPhone world. I am a former Android user. There are some differances with the iPhone and it's operating system and the Android that I don't quite have my hand around so I need your help. Thank you in advance for your time & willingness to help me and others who join this forum.

Wesman

Wesman said:
Good morning. Wesman here. I am new to the iPhone world. I am a former Android user. There are some differances with the iPhone and it's operating system and the Android that I don't quite have my hand around so I need your help. Thank you in advance for your time & willingness to help me and others who join this forum.

Wesman

Hello and welcome! You will find quite a few differences, and one thing i will ask you is WHY did you change from Android? Were you dissatisfied? Do you know what you got? Because if not, you might find ios (non jailbroken) a bit "restrictive" in comparison to the open source, customizable Android.

So hopefully you got the iphone for all the right reasons.

Impulse buy was the reason I got our iPhones if I must say. I like the Android operating system it was very simple to use. Search for an app lets say identify it, download it and use it. This is not the case with the iPhone. I do like the "all in one" concept of iPod/music, Podcasts, etc. all being in one device. With that being said I'm willing to accept this journey as a learning experiance and a chance for individule growth. (blah, blah, blah) LOL.

Sweet, I won't delve into that debate. I spent $500. for our phones so we are iPhone users now. I just want to learn about this device and how to get the most out of it.

SweetPoison said:
Please let us not go there. We have enough threads Android vs. Apple.

Thanks!

Its not like that, i think it is a valid question. Because a lot of people buy it for the wrong reasons and are dissatisfied for the fact that it is different. But they never paid attention or did any research before. And that goes for the opposite too. I would have asked the same either way

Wesman said:
Sweet, I won't delve into that debate. I spent $500. for our phones so we are iPhone users now. I just want to learn about this device and how to get the most out of it.

I am sure you will love it. I know i do and wouldnt change back to any other phone. Its simplicity and ease of use is incomparable

Ladies now that we have each other undidvided attention let me ask this. I downloaded from iTunes a ringtone app. I downloaded to ringtones from them they have a folder in my iTunes. The sitiuation is this, I cannot get them on my phone!

Wesman

Welcome, Wes! Good to have you with us. I have Android and iOS. Be glad to help you with any issue you may encounter.

Ladies now that we have each other undidvided attention let me ask this. I downloaded from iTunes a ringtone app. I downloaded to ringtones from them they have a folder in my iTunes. The sitiuation is this, I cannot get them on my phone!

I put my ringtones in the iTunes Tones folder. Here is a link that you may find useful How To Create Ringtone for iPhone on iTunes 10