What's new

Texts, chats, messages with Mail app

Johnnysix

Reaction score
Hello, I I'm hoping I could get a little insight into using the Mail app to send/receive text message, im's, chats, etc....

First of all I am not an iPhone user because work provides an Android but the rest of my family all have iPhones so I'm a little bit familiar with them on a basic level.

My brother is a recovering heroin addict and he is staying with me on the condition that we monitor his activities and I provided him with an iPhone. The other day I saw him using the inbox of the default Mail app to start what appeared to be some sort of chat. the bubbles were somewhat green but the interface was definitely not the messages app. Mind you just happened within like two seconds of me looking out of the corner of my eye. I did not say anything as I could check the messages app later but there was nothing there that matched the time. Later on, I saw him initiate a chat from the inbox but the interface was simply plain text bubbles
Not green or blue. I then asked him about that and he played stupid like he didn't know what I was talking about. Keep in mind that this is my phone so I have access to it and I cannot find this interface or how he starts it. I'm scared he is making deals and he's already overdosed many times.

Can someone help me figure out how he's doing this? It may be a matter of life and death.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

You can’t send text messages in the mail app. If he was sending text messages he wasn’t using the mail app.
If your brother won’t voluntarily tell you what he was doing you’ll not be able to find out on your own.

He might be using the WhatsApp IM app...that can have green text bubbles. Is it possible he has 'hidden' the app icon somewhere in a 'folder'?