What's new

Texting

jay2513

Reaction score
If I send a text message to multiple contacts on a iPhone 3GS with my group texting off can people I sent the text too see other people I sent the text to with their phone numbers?

No, they will not see who else receive the same message. That is if you send a group message using the stock sms app.

bab2010 said:
No, they will not see who else receive the same message. That is if you send a group message using the stock sms app.

Even if they have group texting on ?

What do you mean "even if they have group texting on?" You are having such an option in your iPhone settings> messages/ page? an option to turn on/off group texting? If you do not have that setting on your phone, how do you think that they can have it on their phone? or Maybe they are using other phones than iPhone, and even so, i think that they will receive the message without seeing who else you have sent the same message to.

Ah well, there you go... So you should always take into consideration that other users are having group messages ON on their phone. meaning that they can always see who else receive the message. I do receive some group messages from time to time, but i've never come to see other receivers contacts, also when i reply, my belief is that i'm replying to only the sender since i can only see only the sender contact in the recipient field. And that group message setting is ON on my iPhone. It's interesting to see that maybe my phone is having a bug or a feature? I can't tell.

I definitely run into this issue as well. Someone will send a group message to myself and a number of other people... if I want to reply to them I'll have to start a new message to them. If I reply to the original message they sent me it'll respond to ALL the other individuals they sent the original message to.

thomasjtsi said:
I definitely run into this issue as well. Someone will send a group message to myself and a number of other people... if I want to reply to them I'll have to start a new message to them. If I reply to the original message they sent me it'll respond to ALL the other individuals they sent the original message to.

Then that's when the random "Who is this?" messages start rolling in. Lol!
:D

Whilst on the topic of texting... Does anyone know how to remove a word that has been accidently added to your autocorrect dictionary (that little bubble that pops up above words).. My example: When I put kisses at the end of a message>> 'xx' the bubble comes up with a 'xc', then I always hit send (through force of habit) how do i remove 'xc'?