What's new

Text notification

DJlondon

Reaction score
I need an app that block the pop up of a text I know in settings it clears the preview of the msg but I need the actual pop hidden.

DJlondon said:
I need an app that block the pop up of a text I know in settings it clears the preview of the msg but I need the actual pop hidden.

Just go to settings and go down to messages and turn show preview off.

iCrank said:
That didn't work?

I think he wants to completely disable his message notification. If that's the case Then idk of a tweak that'll completely disable message notifications.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

iCrank said:
That didn't work?

I think he wants to completely disable his message notification. If that's the case Then idk of a tweak that'll completely disable message notifications.

I don't think he wants to block it. In the first post he states "block the popup" the only way to do that is to follow what I stated. The only thing it will give him is a badge but no pop up. I don't know what else it could be.

iCrank said:
I don't think he wants to block it. In the first post he states "block the popup" the only way to do that is to follow what I stated. The only thing it will give him is a badge but no pop up. I don't know what else it could be.

When you go to settings and turn preview off, the only thing it does is show you have a message from whomever. When preview is on the notification has a preview of what the person sent to you in the text.

darkstar2007 said:
When you go to settings and turn preview off, the only thing it does is show you have a message from whomever. When preview is on the notification has a preview of what the person sent to you in the text.

Ahhhh. What was I thinking. I was lost in the clouds. Thanks for correcting me darkstar. Ive been jailbroken for so long I forgot about that. Lol

Last edited:
Yes sorry for the delay I don't want to see (you have a text message from Linda ex)

Preview takes away part of the message.

I only want to see you have a text msg or nothing.

iCrank said:
Ahhhh. What was I thinking. I was lost in the clouds. Thanks for correcting me darkstar. Ive been jailbroken for so long I forgot about that. Lol

Lol it's all good! I've only been jailbroken for two weeks so I guess it's still fresh on my mind! :D!

DJlondon said:
Yes sorry for the delay I don't want to see (you have a text message from Linda ex)

Preview takes away part of the message.

I only want to see you have a text msg or nothing.

I'll look around for you djlondon. I'll be sure to post as soon as I find out anything

DJlondon said:
Thanks I am not jailbroken by the way

I've been looking around and haven't found away around it without jailbreaking. Can anyone else clarify