What's new

Text messaging - a couple of questions !

Not so sure

Reaction score
Just got an iPhone 4 after having a Blackberry (hated the Blackberry!)

I have a couple of issues with texting that I find quite irritating - firstly, it doesnt time stamp the texts I send and recieve - it gives it at intervals? why? it is VERY annoying to not be able to look back and see exactly what time I sent a text - for all its failings the Blackberry did that!

Secondly, there doesnt seem to be anywhere for me to check the amount of texts I have sent to one particular person? is there any way to get these stats?? (not for how many texts I have left, that isnt of interest to me, I just want to check how many I have sent in a particular day/week/month/ever)

Thanks!

Oh and one last thing ! how come it doesnt automatically resend a text if it fails to go?? I often look back ages later and realise a text didnt send, thats very annoying !

That is just how the iPhone operates. It will time stamp the start of the conversation, but nothing more after that. And as far as I know from reading up, there is no way to count texts.
Usually the red error designation appears pretty quickly after a fail...but you are right, it won't attempt to send it later.

Thank you

Thats not good :-( the signal in my office is really bad and my old phone used to just keep attempting it until it sent.

I dont like the periodical time stamp either ! I like to know exactly when texts are sent and received not just a round about time..

Thank you

Thats not good :-( the signal in my office is really bad and my old phone used to just keep attempting it until it sent.

I dont like the periodical time stamp either ! I like to know exactly when texts are sent and received not just a round about time..

Funny, I just noticed that myself this morning and I saw your post so I remembered to look at the settings. I don't see anyway to time stamp it in the settings either.

Sometimes with one person in particular I want to know how long it takes until I hear from them. I'll live with it, not a life and death thing but I prefer the time stamp.

Sadly another thing that Android got right and iOS got lazy with.

Sadly another thing that Android got right and iOS got lazy with.

I don't care about gimmicks like touching your phone to another to transfer a file. But there are quite a few things that I can't do with iPhone that I could do with Android. Now maybe I don't know how but can you access your PC's documents with iPhone? Or would that require a Mac?

I have only tested, thru the beta programs, Pages, Numbers and Keynote thru www.iCloud.com with my iPad, iPhone, iMac and work laptop (Windows). From that perspective it works pretty well. Especially between the iPad and iPhone. But otherwise I don't use my phone for PC documents sorry.