What's new

Text/iMessages alert tone not working..

yes i found the same thing.....also when i changed to iphone 5 the text alerts i downloaded for 4s dont work in 5 but i suppose thats to be expected.

This appears to be a 'do not disturb' bug in iOS6. This worked for me:

1) Make sure that 'do not disturb' is turned off in 'Settings'.

2) Then go into the 'Notifications' section in Settings and then go into 'do not disturb' and make sure that 'Scheduled' is switched to 'Off'

Thanks.

I've got the opposite- I keep getting alerts tones when no-one has texted me. Weird.

Greetings!

I'm having the same issue.
If I am texting someone and my phone goes to sleep, I lock it, etc...if their message is "open" in my message que I have no sound or vibration that they have responded.
If someone else sends a text/imessage and they are "closed" in my que it will let me know though
I have a verizon iphone 4s
Need to fix this PRONTO!!!
Thanks!

All my tones are working but I can't change my text tone from a swish sound which is to quiet.
I have tried the do not disturb settings to no avail.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First time on here. I had the issue of no sound on receiving a text message, so that is why I joined this forum. It is definitely a glitch with the 'do not disturb' feature, as when I turned it off on settings and in notifications it was working fine again. Apple need to sort this out!!!

I am having the opposite problem. Ever since I updated my iphone 5 to IOS 6.0.2 whenever I get a text message it rings twice. It's not something I can fix in settings, is this a known bug in the update and is there anything I can do about it?

Since the iOS 6 upgrade, I'm not getting my alert tones for my text/iMessages.. Is anyone else having this issue?

I may get the tone once out of every 15 text.. I was waiting on a response from someone, they responded 5 minutes after I sent the text but I was never alerted that it was delivered.. Hopefully this issue is fixed soon.. I can't be missing text/iMessages..

I have the same problem ... going on months and it makes me crazy when my phone rings (with the volume turned up to half or 3/4 of the way) and I don't hear it! Texts ... not so much of a problem to miss immediately. My phone DOES vibrate on receipt of a text, but not for a call.