What's new

Terrible! iPhone 5S screen damaged by alcohol!

iFoneboxDataRecovery

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
164fndF.jpg

This is a piece of news from 163.com and it's really terrible. An iPhone 5S user got some noise on the iPhone home button and then he cleaned the button with alcohol. Unfortunately the alcohol went into the iPhone and damaged the inner screen.
I don't know how many of you use alcohol to clean the iPhone screen. At lease I used it at least once a week. But now it's highly recommended you not to use alcohol to clean it any more since there's a very thin cover inside the screen which is dissolve to alcohol. And once there's alcohol goes into the screen, the inner screen will be damaged. :(

Alcohol based cleaners will also damage the oleophobic coating on the screen which is designed to make fingerprint marks easier to remove.

Alcohol based cleaners will also damage the oleophobic coating on the screen which is designed to make fingerprint marks easier to remove.
OMG. I didn't know about that before. Thanks for the knowledge, scifan57. So soft cloth is the best choice to clean iPhone screen now. :)