What's new

Iphone 5s replacement screen backlight not working

Vortex666

Reaction score
Hi guys,
So yesterday i replaced the digitizer of a iphone 5s,but the backlight does not work..i can barely see anything on screen,it switches on,vibrates and all of that but no backlight..i tried with the old cracked screen and it works fine..could it be the new screen that is damaged??
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
So yesterday i replaced the digitizer of a iphone 5s,but the backlight does not work..i can barely see anything on screen,it switches on,vibrates and all of that but no backlight..i tried with the old cracked screen and it works fine..could it be the new screen that is damaged??
Thanks

It's possible. Do you have a third screen you could try? This would confirm whether or not the screen has a defective backlight.

It's possible. Do you have a third screen you could try? This would confirm whether or not the screen has a defective backlight.

No,don't have another one at the moment,ordered one today,just wanted to make sure it's not the phone that has a fault,don't think so as the old one works..
Thanks for the reply

If you determine that the replacement screen is faulty, try and get a refund if possible.