What's new

Tempered glass screen protector problem

MPQ

Reaction score
broke my iPhone 6 screen. Had a new one installed and also bought a Verizon tempered glass screen protector to be installed. Now my screen is so sensitive that I have to hold phone away from my face because it is constantly muting screen, turning call into FaceTime, or beeping because numbers are being pushed. I think I need to return this-- surely there had to be a problem with the installation.

Have them check the proximity sensor in addition to the new screen.

broke my iPhone 6 screen. Had a new one installed and also bought a Verizon tempered glass screen protector to be installed. Now my screen is so sensitive that I have to hold phone away from my face because it is constantly muting screen, turning call into FaceTime, or beeping because numbers are being pushed. I think I need to return this-- surely there had to be a problem with the installation.

Have them check the proximity sensor in addition to the new screen.
Agreed. It sounds as if the proximity sensor is no longer working. If so, it could require a new screen or a replacement of the proximity detector.

Last edited:
Agreed. It sounds as if the proximity sensor is no longer working. If so, it could require a new screen or a replacement of the proximity detector.

Thanks taking it back today

Supposed to bring it back in 2 or 3 days-- they are out of sensors but will replace it at-- no charge. It was a new phone-- don't understand why the sensor went on it

I'm glad it's not going to cost you anything. It's possible that the proximity sensor was defective from the beginning and only failed after being in use for a short time.