What's new

Talk me into....

I think I'm gonna adjust well. This may be TMI but I was once put in a padded room for like 6 days with nothing but bread and water. I got through that so I know this adjustment won't be as hard for me as it might be for some coming from Android. Sorry if that was to much but I already feel like I'm part of the iphone family so u guys are now my bros and sisters. Thanks again guys for leading me in the right direction. No looking back now!! How exciting!! :thumbup::thumbup::cool::D

Big question - white or black

GEEEZZUSSS.... I hadn't even thought of this. Another life changing decision. Idk.... Black?? Yes, I think so. I think the apple on the back would stand out more with the black. Gawd this is too cool.... I may even start popping my collar once I have this puppy in my hands. Woot!!

Seriously, this is like the biggest decision I've ever had to make! I love the elegance of the black iPhone, but the stark gorgeousness of the white makes this decision more difficult than pulling the life support of my now deceased father. I've never been so torn before in my life, I can hardly stand it. I think I may sell my mother's car (title's in my name) and get 'em both...

Sent from my rooted Mayan Calendar

I think it will be soooo worth it. Do it!! Not many people would be able to say they had 2 5s....especially one in each frigging color. You'll be the man and all will envy you!! :cool:

I really, honestly, could say I would trample someone to death in oder to get my incredibly filthy, yet obscenely rich hands on the new iPhone 5 in both colors. My attorneys could get me out of an assault charge or attempted manslaughter, if I was able to grab enough for them also. I'm so excited right now I just re-appropriated my retarded son's charity funds to buy off fourteen other people's pre-orders, for $25K each...

Haha, that's amazing. What will you do with 14 of them?? You could use a different one each day to show off, like customize each one differently and stuff. Ugh I'm so jealous.

I don't even know, but I'm so incredibly rich (I'm a hedge fund manager on Wall Street) so it doesn't matter. Mostly what I plan on doing, is taking naked photos of myself laying suggestive with several iPhone 5's, and along with my snow owl and 7,000 estate in Morocco, I won't have to worry about what to do with them. All the 'innovation' with the new iPhone will do for me, not to be bothered with the question of what I will do with them. I may even have on implanted in my chest cavity, next to my heart (we have that technology)...

Holy crap dude. Haha you guys are so awesome in here. Why did I wait so long. Those jerks in the Android forums always made fun of me bc I was like a lower and no techy enuf to properly use their amazing little android phones like they are meant to be, they told me I should get a crapple phone since I was so stupid. Haha jokes on them now lol. Wish they could see me now and how many friends I've made here in iphone land. AND I can't wait to tell my mama's sisters husbands sons aunt that I meet a rich dude. Maybe one day I'll be as cool as u guys here, well at least I'm one step closer once I have the 5.:cool:

Last edited:
hookbill said:
If you never owned a smart phone what do you think you should get? If you say Android, you are absolutely wrong.

Android mail is more difficult to deal with if you have anything but Gmail. Now it's not truly impossible to deal with but it's not as simple as going to an iPhone. And I'm saying that and I haven't even got my iPhone. IOS is built for ease of use. Android is more customizable, but because it has so many devs doing things independently certain apps can cause havoc on Android. I have one, Ring Guard. When I go to use 1 Password Ring Guard always comes on. If I push the button to stop the volume change it silences the phone.

It's much better to have everything in one group as opposed to every man for himself. Android is not a bad phone. It's a very good phone. But it's not an iPhone.

Does beat the hell out of Blackberry. :)

I would say go into a store select what's right for you. Dealing with minor issues may be difficult for you but I actually enjoy learning more of a device rather than just having to plug and play. It's easy for you I understand that but you are just jumping the apple bandwagon. I have multiple apple devices but I choose my device based on features, difficulty adjusting and finally if I'm going to get a good deal for my money. Right now tmo is the best thing going for me. Unlimited 4g/talk/text and my bill is basically the same as my Verizon bill but now I'm not limited. Plus to say that all android phones are crap is wrong. Just because one aple is bad doesn't make the whole tree undesirable. Anyways since the op has made a choice on what he wanted rather than to really see for himself its all good.

I'm stil yet to know what you guys mean with "instability". Have had my GSII for 1.5 years and it has never done any kind of random reboots or any of the things that people like to say. Flawless ecperiene and on 4.1.1 btw. Oh and, the argument of smoother UI exp in the iPhone is now invalid. I tried my friends 4S vs my GSII, and the GSII ran miles ahead. Not to talk about how amazed she was when I showed her Clockworkmod recovery.

I lol'd so much when she said the 4S could easily beat the S3. It can't beat the S2, let alone the S3. I listed the spec and feature list off my head (smartphone geek) and I told her the difference between the A5 SoC and the 4210 and 4412, and it was a /thread.

It's also funny to see people say that an iPhone 5 wil be better than the S3 or any other top phones. All the "new" features on the 5 are already existant since 4.0 and 4.1. The iPhone 5 has a dual core S4 lol, which is present in last year's Xperia line. If it was the S4 Pro A15 arch, then it'd be better. Now with the leaked benchs of the Exynos 5250, the iPhone is now officially dead behind modern tech. The iPhone 5 is just a tiny bit better than the GNex, around equaling the GSII.

Oh and, iSomething and iBruce = 9/10 :p

Last edited:
Congrats on the new phone,and enjoy it.The I phone and IOS is a breath of fresh air coming from any andoid phone regardless what a few may tell you.I took back 3 of the so called superior G3 phones because of their known issues and am exceedingly pleased with how well my 4s works.Im sure 1 day they won't have as many issues,but its highly doubtful since Samsung uses its customers as beta testers for their devices.if and when you get the gumption to change things around on your phone,you won't find they treat you bad like some of the other forums and talk down to you.they got some real nice folks here that can get you taken care of and help you through doing it.

Show it off and let those that dislike or put you down because of buying it to be jealous cause having and owning quality is better than owning cheap and gimmickry .

Mac

I would say go into a store select what's right for you. Dealing with minor issues may be difficult for you but I actually enjoy learning more of a device rather than just having to plug and play. It's easy for you I understand that but you are just jumping the apple bandwagon. I have multiple apple devices but I choose my device based on features, difficulty adjusting and finally if I'm going to get a good deal for my money. Right now tmo is the best thing going for me. Unlimited 4g/talk/text and my bill is basically the same as my Verizon bill but now I'm not limited. Plus to say that all android phones are crap is wrong. Just because one aple is bad doesn't make the whole tree undesirable. Anyways since the op has made a choice on what he wanted rather than to really see for himself its all good.

Who said android phones are crap? I didn't. I think my Bionic is the best phone I ever had.

As far as difficulty goes, I can say from my time as a moderator in Droid Forums that the biggest complaints, specially from people coming from Blackberry was dealing with the mail. Many found it just to frustrating and went back to the 20th Century. :)

But I never said all Android phones are crap. I believe that some Android phones are inferior, particularly those made by anyone other then Motorola, but that's my opinion. And since iPhone is made by Apple ONLY I think that gives it strength and better control.

I know this is not a serious post - but I'd like to respond to some of the perceived deficiencies and the way I see it.

Higher screen resolution not important.
Higher than what? Higher than your eye can see? yes that is totally not important!

Larger screen who cares.
I have a 65 inch tv and that is nice to have a large screen size. Larger there would be better but there are tradeoffs in quality vs cost. I have an iPad3 for reading and browsing, and the iPhone is a phone primarily but even then I do most of my forum browsing from that when I have down time. So again, yes, who cares. Perhaps if it was the only screen in your life then yes, it may be more important to have something that is a compromise in all regards, but I don't want to carry a 5 inch tablet in my pocket as a phone.

Multitasking who cares.
I have the distinct impression that people that think multitasking is important have no idea what multitasking is and why they think it's important. However, having said that - iOS has been multitasking since 4.

Personalization not important.
Most people have jobs that involve more than personalizing their phones. So I'd agree that it's just not that important.

Endless support and custom ROMs.... No biggie I can deal.
Endless support - you got it. In fact, you go to any apple store and you can get personal support. Custom ROMs - what? If you did not get the right device then perhaps you need to replace a ROM - not that most people would even care what a ROM is.

I could go on and on but it doesn't matter anymore bc I've decided to follow the crowd on this one and rock out the 5.
I am sure you could go on and on, but perhaps you might consider doing a bit more research, thinking about it and saying something valid instead of just easily refuted misconceptions.

At least now I won't have to worry anymore about not fitting in and I can now flash that shiny apple on the back of my new 5 with one of those cases with the little hole cut out of the back just for that Apple (genius btw!!). I'll be back when I get this beast so you guys can teach me about the widgets and icons and I tunes and all that cool stuff. Thanks for helping me decide to go for the 5 you guys are awesome!! :D

You know what's really cool to me... it's things that work as promised. Fit and finish is definitely high on the list as it indicates overall quality from the inside to the outside.
I don't even have a case on my iPhone 4 and have carried it in my pocket for close to 2 years, a lot of times with coins and keys in there as well, and it still looks brand new. The screen has zero scratches. It works great. The battery still lasts me a whole day with heavy use, and it still runs the latest iOS released. In that context, it's certainly a better value many other phones on the market that are actually getting no support from the manufacturer after only a few months on the market.

Thanks for stopping by, don't let the virtual door hit you on the way out.

Last edited:
I know this is not a serious post - but I'd like to respond to some of the perceived deficiencies and the way I see it.

Higher than what? Higher than your eye can see? yes that is totally not important!

I have a 65 inch tv and that is nice to have a large screen size. Larger there would be better but there are tradeoffs in quality vs cost. I have an iPad3 for reading and browsing, and the iPhone is a phone primarily but even then I do most of my forum browsing from that when I have down time. So again, yes, who cares. Perhaps if it was the only screen in your life then yes, it may be more important to have something that is a compromise in all regards, but I don't want to carry a 5 inch tablet in my pocket as a phone.

I have the distinct impression that people that think multitasking is important have no idea what multitasking is and why they think it's important. However, having said that - iOS has been multitasking since 4.

Most people have jobs that involve more than personalizing their phones. So I'd agree that it's just not that important.

Endless support - you got it. In fact, you go to any apple store and you can get personal support. Custom ROMs - what? If you did not get the right device then perhaps you need to replace a ROM - not that most people would even care what a ROM is.

I am sure you could go on and on, but perhaps you might consider doing a bit more research, thinking about it and saying something valid instead of just easily refuted misconceptions.

You know what's really cool to me... it's things that work as promised. Fit and finish is definitely high on the list as it indicates overall quality from the inside to the outside.
I don't even have a case on my iPhone 4 and have carried it in my pocket for close to 2 years, a lot of times with coins and keys in there as well, and it still looks brand new. The screen has zero scratches. It works great. The battery still lasts me a whole day with heavy use, and it still runs the latest iOS released. In that context, it's certainly a better value many other phones on the market that are actually getting no support from the manufacturer after only a few months on the market.

Thanks for stopping by, don't let the virtual door hit you on the way out.

No need to be a tail hole. Your post was amusing tho, so thanks. However.... You may think to do some more research or perhaps have someone guide you towards becoming a better smart guy (don't want to curse as I know this is a family friendly environment) but I think you get my point. I'd be more than happy to help you with that, I've been told I'm on of the best. Well back to picking your post apart like you so graciously did mine. Let's not even pick at the first four or five responses as they are typical of iphone fans, I will get this response 4 out of 5 times. So, nothing new there. Well darn, really nothing new in your last post either. I guess I could comment on the battery statement.... I can easily get 4-5hours screen time with heavy and I mean heavy browsing and use and still go home after a 12 hour work day with 30 percent batt remaining. I am happy you get good life from your 4 as well. Nice feeling isn't it.

One last thing what is it like to know everything.... I've always been curious. Never thought it would be much fun tho. Oh well to each his own. Oh and thanks for the warm welcome.

No need to be a tail hole. Your post was amusing tho, so thanks. However.... You may think to do some more research or perhaps have someone guide you towards becoming a better smart guy (don't want to curse as I know this is a family friendly environment) but I think you get my point. I'd be more than happy to help you with that, I've been told I'm on of the best. Well back to picking your post apart like you so graciously did mine. Let's not even pick at the first four or five responses as they are typical of iphone fans, I will get this response 4 out of 5 times. So, nothing new there. Well darn, really nothing new in your last post either. I guess I could comment on the battery statement.... I can easily get 4-5hours screen time with heavy and I mean heavy browsing and use and still go home after a 12 hour work day with 30 percent batt remaining. I am happy you get good life from your 4 as well. Nice feeling isn't it.

One last thing what is it like to know everything.... I've always been curious. Never thought it would be much fun tho. Oh well to each his own. Oh and thanks for the warm welcome.

I am not sure why you think my post was Tail-hole-ish? After all, I did not accuse you of trolling which would have been appropriate. I am glad you found as much amusement from my post as I found from yours. I believe we do understand each other pretty well so definitely no need to swear.

Now re-read your post when you read the following;
When you are ready to pick my post apart I will gladly respond to clear up any misunderstandings. I'll just say that you get the responses you get 4 out of 5 times because people think the points you brought up are completely a misrepresentation - the rest don't bother responding because they have better things to do. As to your last point, I don't believe I critisized the battery of the android phones, I only stated that the iPhone does very well in that regard.

BTW: I always look for ways of becoming a better smart guy - I would not be very smart if I refused to learn and recognize reality. I never claimed to know everything or many things, but what I do know I know pretty well - which makes me pretty employable. If you can teach me to be smarter that would be very nice of you.
You are definitely welcome to stick around, I just did not believe that you would - as experience from previous posters that had similar posts in the past usually are a hit and run type of deal.

Wrong again lol. The 5th response is.... Who cares it has an apple on the back. Just sayin!! ;)
I like to think I know a little about alot as well, hence my employability. I have been exposed to many different things in my life and have taken knowledge from each and every experience. I'm sure we have this in common, at least it sounds that way.
I'd like to apologize for anything I may have said that was offensive and extend the olive Branch. :beer:

Last edited: