What's new

Talk me into....

I'm stil yet to know what you guys mean with "instability". Have had my GSII for 1.5 years and it has never done any kind of random reboots or any of the things that people like to say. Flawless ecperiene and on 4.1.1 btw. Oh and, the argument of smoother UI exp in the iPhone is now invalid. I tried my friends 4S vs my GSII, and the GSII ran miles ahead. Not to talk about how amazed she was when I showed her Clockworkmod recovery.

I lol'd so much when she said the 4S could easily beat the S3. It can't beat the S2, let alone the S3. I listed the spec and feature list off my head (smartphone geek) and I told her the difference between the A5 SoC and the 4210 and 4412, and it was a /thread.

It's also funny to see people say that an iPhone 5 wil be better than the S3 or any other top phones. All the "new" features on the 5 are already existant since 4.0 and 4.1. The iPhone 5 has a dual core S4 lol, which is present in last year's Xperia line. If it was the S4 Pro A15 arch, then it'd be better. Now with the leaked benchs of the Exynos 5250, the iPhone is now officially dead behind modern tech. The iPhone 5 is just a tiny bit better than the GNex, around equaling the GSII.

Oh and, iSomething and iBruce = 9/10 :p

i personally find this hilarious, the iphone5 despite only having 1gb of ram and a 1ghz dual core beat the gnex 3 in geekbench and another javascript benchmark, in the javascript benchmark the iphone completed the benchmark in 922ms, and the gnex 3 was in the 1300-1400ms range all while having a dual core 1.5ghz processor and 2gb of ram....

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2410034,00.asp

Last edited:
iSomething said:
A-
Adding a line with at&t(I already have 2 with them for purpose of having less time between upgrades).
--or--

B-
Going to VZW to get the ip5

Thinking that I want to see what all the hype is about these iphones.... So what should I do?? I don't want to be disappointed.
I'm an android user and very happy with the Android OS and my device....options are endless. So, what do u all think?? Try it out or stick with the superior galaxy s3??

I have had a few droids and they are not perfect but not bad. Although I love my iPhone 4s and one feature I love is I can set up parental controls in settings . my phone is safe for my whole family to use no worry of apps or Internet web sites. My droids in the past had a settings they added in the app store but nothing for Internet browsing movies ex:) so to me that is the deal breaker

I have my white iPhone 5 now and love it. Despite what others may do I don't hate Android phones even though I haven't had one. I want some competition for Apple as it will push them to develop even better products.

Bossman

Stick with the s3 all day! Apples build quality is second to none but that's where it ends. IOS is just tired and outdated. IOS 6 is just introducing features that android has had for years! Jelly bean is very stable and the customizability is endless!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Stick with the s3 all day! Apples build quality is second to none but that's where it ends. IOS is just tired and outdated. IOS 6 is just introducing features that android has had for years! Jelly bean is very stable and the customizability is endless!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I would rather not get into this as I don't really care which you prefer. That's your choice and it's fine by me. I don't see why you seem to think you need to slag off the iPhone. Just one thing I need to put straight. Android hasn't been using ANYTHING for years as it didnt exist! My iPhone 3GS is 2.5yrs old and no android phones were around then.

Bossman

I would rather not get into this as I don't really care which you prefer. That's your choice and it's fine by me. I don't see why you seem to think you need to slag off the iPhone. Just one thing I need to put straight. Android hasn't been using ANYTHING for years as it didnt exist! My iPhone 3GS is 2.5yrs old and no android phones were around then.

Bossman

I'm stating my opinion which I believe the op was asking for. And android has been around since 2008 which is years in my book! I am not slagging the iPhone as I feel it is a great device I am just pointing out that the os is just now introducing features that have been available in other phones for several years. Apple or Android is all personal preference.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

I'm stating my opinion which I believe the op was asking for. And android has been around since 2008 which is years in my book! I am not slagging the iPhone as I feel it is a great device I am just pointing out that the os is just now introducing features that have been available in other phones for several years. Apple or Android is all personal preference.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

Ok. I think we have a fair understanding my friend. You sound a sensible sort of guy so let's leave it there. Wish you all the best whichever phone you use.

Bossman

Jamjr74 said:

Sent from my Galaxy SIII

You could also state that blackberry has had features for years that android has just recently introduced. Myopia is quite common around phone forums.

For me the iPhone was never about features but more so the integration, the stability, the usability. The app developer support. The user support. The quality of the devices
Most of which is still unmatched by other phones.

You could also state that blackberry has had features for years that android has just recently introduced. Myopia is quite common around phone forums.

For me the iPhone was never about features but more so the integration, the stability, the usability. The app developer support. The user support. The quality of the devices
Most of which is still unmatched by other phones.

I agree that myopia runs rampid on these sites! Again i am stating my opinion and not looking to start a debate. And I am not referring to native BlackBerry features either. To each his own. Again Apple is a great device but there are other comparable options unlike years ago when the iPhone was far superior to the competition. I have a phone fetish and have owned approx. 5 devices over the last few years which consisted of iOS and android devices. IOS is a smooth and simple os where android appeals to the more tech savvy user IMO. You will not find a better built phone than the iPhone period! Both OS's do the majority of what the others do just in a different way.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I agree that myopia runs rampid on these sites! Again i am stating my opinion and not looking to start a debate. And I am not referring to native BlackBerry features either. To each his own. Again Apple is a great device but there are other comparable options unlike years ago when the iPhone was far superior to the competition. I have a phone fetish and have owned approx. 5 devices over the last few years which consisted of iOS and android devices. IOS is a smooth and simple os where android appeals to the more tech savvy user IMO. You will not find a better built phone than the iPhone period! Both OS's do the majority of what the others do just in a different way.

I agree, feature wise there are options... my point was more that comparing feature by feature would be missing the best reasons to own an iPhone over an Android or any other device (Sorry these are iPhone forums, if they were Android forums I could argue just as passionately for that option, as I have for blackberry and windows phones when I owned them years ago)

Granted that you and me probably don't see much difference between an iPhone and an android phone in terms of capability, my argument, and this goes to the op, is that to compare features is not even half the story and would be completly wrong. That's why I used the term 'myopia' which I think you would agree with.

I say true true true ! Iphone is about stability and loyalty and I am very loyal! I've had several androids and hated the constant glitches and app freezes! What do you guys think about the way you can actually view a video and still do things in the background on the new S III? Is that possible with an iPhone ? I could just b illiterate !

I say true true true ! Iphone is about stability and loyalty and I am very loyal! I've had several androids and hated the constant glitches and app freezes! What do you guys think about the way you can actually view a video and still do things in the background on the new S III? Is that possible with an iPhone ? I could just b illiterate !

why would you watch a video and do something else on a 720p screen? thats idiotic