What's new

Taking photos off and putting them on a flash drive?

MyLadyMyLady777

Reaction score
Same as title: I want to know how to take photos off my cell phone add to a flash drive ? Do I need to add them to my PC first ? Thanks for helping me

Welcome to iPhoneForums.

This Apple support page may be what you're looking for. You'd first have to import them to your computer, then transfer to a flash drive.

This one seems to give problems, particularly for Mac users, so here's the procedure.

Windows is easy. You just right-click on the phone and import, specifying the thumb drive as the destination. Windows gives you the option to delete the imported photos from the phone.

The Mac is also easy IF you know where to go. That place is PREVIEW, not IPHOTO. Plug in your phone, open PREVIEW and select IMPORT FROM IPHONE from the FILE menu. You can then specify the destination, and decide whether to delete the photos from the phone.

This one seems to give problems, particularly for Mac users, so here's the procedure.

Windows is easy. You just right-click on the phone and import, specifying the thumb drive as the destination. Windows gives you the option to delete the imported photos from the phone.

The Mac is also easy IF you know where to go. That place is PREVIEW, not IPHOTO. Plug in your phone, open PREVIEW and select IMPORT FROM IPHONE from the FILE menu. You can then specify the destination, and decide whether to delete the photos from the phone.
Thanks for that info Kevin, I didn't know that.