What's new

Syncing with 2nd iPhone 4

kodiakbrown

Reaction score
I purchased a new iPhone in December. I put on a lot of songs that I had on my computer that nearly filled up the phone. I initially synced, but after that, I just used my computer to charge. I went on a trip to California this past month. I dropped my iPhone 2 hrs after arriving onto a cement floor, shattering the glass. I found an Apple store nearby at Simi Valley and they surprisingly covered it under warranty! They somehow copied all of my contacts over to a new iPhone, and the fellow even wrote down all of my apps that I had so I could download those later. As far as the songs, I had copied all of them from my computer and never had used the iTunes Store. The guy said he couldn't do anything about those, but I told him I had them on my HD anyway. So, kudos to the people that helped me at the Apple Store!

Now, I don't have an Apple Store nearby at my home since it's 220 miles away. I'm hesitant to sync my contacts, because it shows me different places in my company's Outlook contacts (which I don't use anymore and haven't in a long time), and my Yahoo contacts, which I now use. I have my contacts on my iPhone that I would like backed up somewhere. However, I don't want to mix them in with my Yahoo contacts (even though most of the iPhone's are in my Yahoo contacts).

Is there someway I can create and sync to a contact list that is exclusively from my iPhone? Can I choose a certain hand full of additional Yahoo contacts that I'd like to sync to my iPhone? Thanks, and sorry for the long intro.