What's new

Syncing to onedrive

Reaction score
This should be easy, but I can't find the answer. I want to sync my data to Onedrive. BUT, not just photos. I want to sync contacts, documents, text message. Is this possible?
Can I set up sync to work with few steps?

You could sync your emails, contacts, calendar, reminders, and notes, if you add your Outlook.com account in Settings-Mail-Accounts.

IMG_8157.jpg

IMG_8156.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8156.jpg
    IMG_8156.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 24
The Outlook email account is not the same as OneDrive. It doesn‘t sync texts or documents.

Of course. But if they have OneDrive, they also have an Outlook.com account, which can be used to sync what I said.

Of course this will work, as you said, via Mail/Settings.

The OP asked whether or not it is possible to sync contacts and text messages to OneDrive. I guess the intention was to get every information to OneDrive, without using Mail. It‘s not possible to do this on an iPhone.

I have One Drive on several Windows computers and don’t have an Outlook email account. I do have a Microsoft account.

I have One Drive on several Windows computers and don’t have an Outlook email account. I do have a Microsoft account.

I stand corrected. Anyway a “Microsoft Account” includes those same services (see screenshot), doesn’t it? I mean, even if you are signing in with a third party email address as opposed to a Hotmail/Live/Outlook address.
IMG_8174.jpg

You can connect your Microsoft Account to your iPhone and sync, if you want. However you have to click on “Outlook.com” when adding your account in iOS Settings-Accounts-Mail.

P.s. I know it’s not exactly what the OP asked for, but I thought it can be useful info. You can’t sync the OneDrive cloud file storage service with mail, contacts,calendars, notes, reminders… because… it’s a file storage service. But you can sync those with other Microsoft services that are also available to OneDrive users, if you wish.

Last edited: