What's new

Syncing iPhone 4 with multiple computers. Easy way?

Deepindebtjd

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking to sync my iphone 4 with multiple computers. When I first bought my iPhone I synced it up with my desktop computer. Well, my laptop has a boat load of music on it and I want to be able to get music from both sources. So my question to you hackers is; is there a way to do this easily? I've read somewhere that you can change the code in iTunes to make it believe that both computers are the same but this might be over my head.

Additionally, is there a way to just have the second PC sync with iPhone through a third party application like Media Monkey? I am not necessarily tied to iTunes in anyway. In fact, it is slow and I'd rather something that is a bit lighter.

Any information you guys have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

If your concern is just to load musics into your device, you can just download diskAid or tuneAid and install them on both computers. Use any of those to put songs to your device or remove songs from your device. This said, only one computer will be able to manage your apps and puchase apps, for the songs to not get mesed up or deleted from your device after connecting it to itunes, check "manualy manage musics" in the computer itunes you want to use all the time to for apps.
If you jailbreak your device, things can be much easier as there are tweaks in cydia which let u easily sync your device with any computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am jailbroken and using the earliest version firmware out there. What Cydia tweaks enable this?

Thanks for the tips though. I'll see what I can make of it.

I am jailbroken and using the earliest version firmware out there. What Cydia tweaks enable this?

Thanks for the tips though. I'll see what I can make of it.

You have RSYNC which allow u to syn your device with any computer, aloso have SIMPLY SYNC which allow you sync your device with 2 computers. There are many others in cydia. Google to find out. Some of them might not work out for you, everything depend on your firmaware as those apps in cydia receive very rare updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk