What's new

Syncing iPhone 4 to multiple PCs

mikejp56

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am a new user of the iPhone 4, and I really like it.
I have noticed that the learning curve is fairly steep for me, and I have been using PCs since the days of the IBM XT.
Anyway, I have 2 PCs that I want to sync my iPhone from. They are both authorized and they both have the latest iTunes on it(11.0.2.25). One PC is running Windows 7 and the other one is running Windows XP. There is different content on both, but I want all of the content from both PCs to be available on the phone. I do have an iCloud account.
If I use one PC, it asks me if I want to erase whatever isn't on that PC, and so on.
Is there a way to merge the content of both PCs so that both PCs will be and stay in sync, so that I can backup and restore from either PC with the same results?
I hope that this is understandable, and isn't too hard to accomplish.
Thanks for any responses.
Mike

You'd have to have the backup saved on iCloud or through another cloud service. Or, if both computers are in the same network, you can host it up and have iTunes retrieve it through the shared drive.

Hi willerz2,
Thanks for the reply. I finally figured that you could just drag and drop from one library to the other in the left hand side bar.
Damn I hate iTunes! It is so freaking counter-intuitive.
Mike

Agreed. Personally I try to stay away from iTunes as much as possible, using alternatives like iExplorer, iFunBox or just SSH to do my work. Does everything that iTunes can do and more.