What's new

Switching from Blackberry to iPhone

sailor12006

Reaction score
Hello from a new member. I am close to a decision to switch from a Blackberry Storm 2 to the iPhone 5 when it is launched in September. My wife made the switch (to an iPhone 4) in May. I have become comfortable with her iPhone to make the switch myself. Ocassionally, I will ask for assistance on the iPhone as I came up the learning curve.

sailor12006 said:
Hello from a new member. I am close to a decision to switch from a Blackberry Storm 2 to the iPhone 5 when it is launched in September. My wife made the switch (to an iPhone 4) in May. I have become comfortable with her iPhone to make the switch myself. Ocassionally, I will ask for assistance on the iPhone as I came up the learning curve.

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Welcome to the forums. The forum members are pretty helpful. You'll learn about the iPhone quick

I'm switching from a S2 to a 4s this week. I looked at the 4s and the 5 and decided that for what I do, the 5 was overkill. I don't surf at all on the phone, I don;t send a lot of email but I do read it, and my two biggest fuctions are phone calls and texting. I take pics too, but both cameras are 8mps, so I'm good there.

Basically, the biggest reason for me is that the apps for the 4s are more plentiful (texting apps, etc...), and the S2 has been written off by RIM and VZW. I tried out an iphone 4 this girl I was dating had and I loved it. If I like the 4s, then next year i'll double down on the upgrade to this year's release of the 5.

Yep, I switched from a BB Storm 2 (which I LOVED!). It's great now to have all contacts sync on all my devices thru iCloud.

G'day and welcome to the forum!!!! :)