What's new

Swindle?

TEuD

Reaction score
I paid more than 1000 USD for an iPhone 13 mini. Needles to say that it is way overpriced, but my main aim was to get as much storage space as possible, so I chose 512 GB. Now I see that it actually has only 476 GB, not 512. How come? Plus, the absence of a fingerprint id sux big time, and in general terms, the phone is nothing exceptional. I wonder how long Apple can have the nerve to demand more and more money for things that are solid, but kind of dated and by faaaar from being worth 1000 dollars. Dud. My SE from 2017 is every bit as fast and good, the only problem being the 128 gb hard. But, I paid 270 dollars for it, not 1000 f...g bucks.

Attachments

• 1651078107271.png
    1651078107271.png
    159 bytes · Views: 82
It is not a swindle in my opinion. You chose to purchase that particular model and storage capacity. Right? If you’re having buyer’s remorse and are still within the return period then take it back and get a refund or swap it out for another model.

The difference is the software it takes to operate your iphone and apps is being used. The is similar to how computers are sold and is not a swindle. The same is true of Android phones. You chose which model and pricing you purchased. Other options might have been a better choice for you but Apple isnt the one that made the decision. This is how the world runs. I will give you another example, one with the same chip and supply chain issues. My car is 3 yrs old and very low miles. Its a popular model. This past winter and spring, I could have sold it for the same price or a bit more than purchasing a brand new identical car. Didn’t make sense to me, even my car dealer shrugged but they too made similar offers. Was my car overpriced 3 yrs ago compared to now? Did I make a great deal back then? Probably the latter, combined with pent up demand and immediate availability. Should I blame the manufacturers for how they price cars? I could have picked a different car model or make but I chose not to do so. I picked the car I thought best suited to me. If I chose wrong, its not the car company fault.

The difference is the software it takes to operate your iphone and apps is being used. The is similar to how computers are sold and is not a swindle. The same is true of Android phones. You chose which model and pricing you purchased. Other options might have been a better choice for you but Apple isnt the one that made the decision. This is how the world runs. I will give you another example, one with the same chip and supply chain issues. My car is 3 yrs old and very low miles. Its a popular model. This past winter and spring, I could have sold it for the same price or a bit more than purchasing a brand new identical car. Didn’t make sense to me, even my car dealer shrugged but they too made similar offers. Was my car overpriced 3 yrs ago compared to now? Did I make a great deal back then? Probably the latter, combined with pent up demand and immediate availability. Should I blame the manufacturers for how they price cars? I could have picked a different car model or make but I chose not to do so. I picked the car I thought best suited to me. If I chose wrong, its not the car company fault.
I don't need lectures, thx. I have been buying cars and phones and computers long enough to form my own educated opinion. The reality is that this model is overpriced for the little advance that is offering for the money. More bang for the buck would be good. Doing away with the fingerprint access to replace it with facial recognition? Seriously? No metal base? a couple more gimmicks for the camera (portrait and cinematic modes)? I decided to pay more for only two improved features but very necessary in my line of work: higher storage capacity (512) and longer battery life. So far, the battery has been behaving okayish, but I haven't used the phone intensely. However we look at it, the iPhone is way overpriced. Let's see how it performs. So far, one month into it, I am underwhelmed, especially by the out-of-date keyboard.

I don't need lectures, thx. I have been buying cars and phones and computers long enough to form my own educated opinion. The reality is that this model is overpriced for the little advance that is offering for the money. More bang for the buck would be good. Doing away with the fingerprint access to replace it with facial recognition? Seriously? No metal base? a couple more gimmicks for the camera (portrait and cinematic modes)? I decided to pay more for only two improved features but very necessary in my line of work: higher storage capacity (512) and longer battery life. So far, the battery has been behaving okayish, but I haven't used the phone intensely. However we look at it, the iPhone is way overpriced. Let's see how it performs. So far, one month into it, I am underwhelmed, especially by the out-of-date keyboard.
So basically your research skills let you down or you chose poorly.

It is your opinion the iPhone you purchased is “overpriced “ and you feel “swindled”. Okay. Some people will agree with you and some people won’t. With that being said and with the way you feel about your iPhone, have you returned it for a refund or did you keep it? If you decided to keep it, how can you justify claiming you feel swindled and the device is overpriced?

Last edited: