What's new

Supposed iPhone 5 Part Picture Spotted, With Bigger Screen and Thinner Bezel

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
iPhone_5_part.JPG
9to5 Mac has today published the first pictures of what is supposed to be an iPhone 5 part. The pictures surfaced on the website of a Chinese Apple parts reseller, and would appear to be of the iPhone 5’s digitizer panel. It seems to show that the new phone will have a bigger screen, possibly a four-inch display, which as 9to5 Mac says, would give credence to other reports coming from Apple’s manufacturers in Asia that the next iPhone will have a 4-inch screen. The digitizer also has a thinner bezel, both on the left and right sides and at the top and bottom, supporting another recent report that claimed that the new iPhone would have an edge-to-edge display. If the digitizer really is a genuine Apple part, it would seem to back up all those recent reports of Apple working on a complete re-design for the iPhone 5, possibly in a bid to keep pace with the new wave of Android phones with larger screens.

Source: iPhone 5 part surfaces, shows larger display and thinner bezel? | 9 to 5 Mac iPhone 5 part surfaces, shows larger display and thinner bezel? | Apple Intelligence

Just what I wanted to hear!!!!!! Yeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssss. Please be real

IMO, it doesn't make sense for apple to do this, as it would decrease screen quality, and I don't think apple would take away a feature. But then again, I'm not apple so I cant be certain, but it just doesn't seem something they would do.

If they make a bigger screen apple will make sure it's still 'retina' display. I can't imagine them going backwards...

They definitely won't compromise screen size for quality. If they make the screen bigger, I'm excited for a bigger and seemingly clearer screen!!

They definitely won't compromise screen size for quality. If they make the screen bigger, I'm excited for a bigger and seemingly clearer screen!!

They are NOT going to have a higher resolution display, then they would mess up everything for devs. all my money is on this being a hoax.

Wait how would you get a case if the screen goes all the way to the end?

It is either a Photoshop or a badly manufactured part, the black on the camera side is not level.