What's new

Supposed fix doesn't work - what now?

I tried the app and it worked without the error messages appearing but the app takes far too long to load and includes features I have no need for so I deleted it. Thanks...
Do what JA SAID IN HER MESSAGE AT 4:11

I've been trying since Thursday to contact Yahoo support. I was somehow able to connect with them via chat but their suggestion didn't help. Since then I've been unable to hook up via chat so I sent them a thorough description of my problem via email. It seemed the only way to reach them.

Their response mentioned the wrong problem entirely in spite of me spelling it out completely in my email to them. It makes me think they have me confused with someone else. Now I can't seem to connect with them to point out their error.

Does everyone find Yahoo support to be so useless and hard to reach??

Actually, support is better than Security if that gives you an idea.

Thanks. Would you happen to know any shortcuts or easy ways to contact their mobile email support group? I've tried every way I can think of. Maybe I'm just not holding my mouth right.... :)

I think you need someone to help you set up the account correctly as JA noted in post #9 using the iPhone mail set up. I would bet that you are missing a step or not entering something correctly. Did you get a "verification" notice with all check marks? If not then there is an issue with the way u set it up.

To answer your question, I don't remember whether I got a verification for each item. I can try it again.

But let me ask a question. And please don't take this as being argumentive - I don't mean it that way. But in reading your reply and J.A.'s, it sounds as though you each think this problem came about as the result of me making changes or setting up a new account. That simply isn't the case.

My account has been set up for years and I've made no changes to it or any related settings. The problem appeared spontaneously - not as the result of me doing something.

So, after reading through the suggestions made early on and trying to make the problem go away by following those suggestions and the problem persists, then I'm inclined to believe that it is, in fact, something wrong in Yahoo's tent - not mine. And that brings me back to looking for some reasonable, successful way of contacting those yahoos at Yahoo. (Forgive me, I couldn't resist that one). :)

To answer your question, I don't remember whether I got a verification for each item. I can try it again.

But let me ask a question. And please don't take this as being argumentive - I don't mean it that way. But in reading your reply and J.A.'s, it sounds as though you each think this problem came about as the result of me making changes or setting up a new account. That simply isn't the case.

My account has been set up for years and I've made no changes to it or any related settings. The problem appeared spontaneously - not as the result of me doing something.

So, after reading through the suggestions made early on and trying to make the problem go away by following those suggestions and the problem persists, then I'm inclined to believe that it is, in fact, something wrong in Yahoo's tent - not mine. And that brings me back to looking for some reasonable, successful way of contacting those yahoos at Yahoo. (Forgive me, I couldn't resist that one). :)
As with most computers, things can get stale or corrupted. So you can accept the advise offered here, realizing it might have come from hard earned experience of other members. Even if there is a fault with Yahoo, Yahoo has set up a system of not wanting to receive your contact. They will accept your feedback but even though you want to talk to them, they don't want to converse with you. The help area in Yahoo is monitored so in addition to getting advise there, Yahoo learns what problems are occurring and decides if they need to address it. That is their system.

@Bacchus I just tried to think of everything possible to help with your problem.

There are problems with Yahoo in general. A member in iPadForums also couldn't access the account. And you're right in believing that Yahoo is the source of your problems, not your settings. I have no idea which way you could access their support easier. Sorry!

They have a support forum, as far as I know. If you post there, maybe they'll assist.

Thanks, J.A. I guess that's the next best thing. I'll give their forum a try but I don't anticipate much success. I've tried that route in the past and never got even the courtesy of a response. It's discouraging to think that an entity such as Yahoo can be so callous but I guess that's life. Oh, well....

Okay. I'm beating a dead horse here. I've re-checked my settings and they are all as they should be. I even set up an alternate outgoing server with no change to the problem. I'll give their forum a week. If I haven't received a satisfactory fix for this problem by then I'll just stop using Yahoo for my mail. I've used them for years but enough is enough.

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions and/or support. I appreciate your time and effort. And I'll keep your icon on my home page for future reference. Have a great day.... :)

Well, I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that after all the effort put into helping me to resolve this problem, said problem (actually, there was more than one) went away all on its own with only the barest of hints as to what it was.

During one of the futile attempts I made to correct it, there was a brief side note by Yahoo mentioning that an underwater cable somewhere had been compromised. No further explanation, no suggestion as to what to do next - nothing.

Then, one by one, over the next few days, the error messages stopped appearing. This left me with only the problem of not being able to send any form of an email - a forward, a reply, nothing. This morning, even that problem went away. And all without any indication of any sort by Yahoo.

That's the good news. The bad news is that all of the effort you folks put forth to help me with this was for nought. I want to thank each of you, sincerely, for your help and your generosity in sharing your knowledge with me. The problem was something that was beyond help by any of you but we didn't know that and you tried anyway. It appeared on its own and went away on its own. If only Yahoo had been good enough to communicate with affected users.

In any case, thank you all very much for your help. I'm glad I found this forum and will continue to refer to it if and when other issues present themselves.

Best regards to all,

Bacchus