What's new

Supposed fix doesn't work - what now?

Bacchus

Reaction score
I did a search (as directed) for a fix for a problem I've been having with my Yahoo mail. The fix instructed me to delete my yahoo mail account and then to add it back. Other folks who had been directed to do this reported that some of them had to do it twice before it finally solved the problem.

Knowing this, I followed the steps exactly but I did it FOUR times in a row and then, for good measure, I re-booted my iPhone.

Guess what?? It DIDNT WORK!! Now what??

Ha HAA! And, wouldn't ya know it? I no sooner make all those tries to correct the problem and then make the above post reporting my lack of success and an hour or so later I receive an email from Yahoo inviting me to download their new Yahoo Mail app. Is this coincidence, or what?? LOL. As Alice in Wonderland might say, things just get curiouser and curiouser..... :)

Ha HAA! And, wouldn't ya know it? I no sooner make all those tries to correct the problem and then make the above post reporting my lack of success and an hour or so later I receive an email from Yahoo inviting me to download their new Yahoo Mail app. Is this coincidence, or what?? LOL. As Alice in Wonderland might say, things just get curiouser and curiouser..... :)
Okay, so all kidding aside, I downloaded the app, tried it, and decided it wasn't for me so I deleted it. Now I'm back to square one.

Does anyone have any other ideas regarding fixing my Yahoo mail account?? All suggestions will be thoughtfully considered and appreciated. Thanks in advance.....

Usually, removing and adding the account again would help.

What is your problem with the Yahoo account?

The problem I'm having is the same one others have complained about and the supposed solution is, as you said, removing and replacing the account.

What happens on my iPhone when I click on the Yahoo mail icon is:

First, I get a message saying "Cannot get mail. Connection to server failed". If I click on "OK" this message goes away. Next I get a message saying "Password Incorrect". When I click on "Cancel" this one goes away and I can then access my mail.

And, as I stated above, I did the remove/replace thingy four times in a row and then re-booted. It doesn't work.

Yahoo updated their servers (in September) and recommends you to get your software up to date, which would be 8.1 on iPhone 4s and onwards, and 7.1.2 on an iPhone 4, and then remove the account and add it again.

Last edited:
Yahoo updated their servers (in September) and recommends you to get your software up to date, which would be 8.1 on iPhone 4s and onwards, and 7.1.2 on an iPhone 4.
I'm sure you're right. I have an iPhone 4 and 7.1.2. And I've tried the recommended fix many times recently. It may work for other folks but it isn't working for me. Thanks, though. I appreciate your effort....

I'm sure you're right. I have an iPhone 4 and 7.1.2. And I've tried the recommended fix many times recently. It may work for other folks but it isn't working for me. Thanks, though. I appreciate your effort....

Have you tried deleting the yahoo app and reinstalling the app again?

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!

What did you use to set up the account for the Mail app? Was it this one:
image.jpg

Here's an option to take a look at your account settings: Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support
Enter your yahoo email address and make sure they're right.

If setting up the account with the Yahoo option doesn't work, try adding the account using "Other", and the entries you find in the link I provided.

Last edited:

I found difficulty in log in , moreover they said authentication code has been send but i receive no such codes on my mail.

What i think is to first empty or clear your cache memory then you can have it back i hope so ...

@pauljosaph
What for should you get an authentication code? Do you have 2-step verification enabled somewhere?

Last edited:
What did you use to set up the account for the Mail app? Was it this one:
View attachment 17335
Here's an option to take a look at your account settings: Mail Settings Lookup - Apple Support
Enter your yahoo email address and make sure they're right.

If setting up the account with the Yahoo option doesn't work, try adding the account using "Other", and the entries you find in the link I provided.
I tried this option at your suggestion and I thank you for it. Unfortunately, this doesn't work either.

Have you tried deleting the yahoo app and reinstalling the app again?

Sent from my Blue iPhone 5c using Tapatalk!

I tried the app and it worked without the error messages appearing but the app takes far too long to load and includes features I have no need for so I deleted it. Thanks...

Did you also try to contact Yahoo support? I think it's a problem with the account, not your iPhone.