What's new

Super Monkey Ball 2 and Streets of Rage 2 for iOS Go Free for One Day

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
2824-super-monkey-ball-2.jpg

SEGA announced today that it will be offering two of its best-selling iPhone and iPod touch games for free for just one day next week. First up we have Super Monkey Ball 2, which will be available for free on Sunday, October 23, followed by Streets of Rage 2, which will be available on Friday October 28. Both are classic SEGA games, and well worth taking the trouble to download on their respective free dates.

Super Monkey Ball 2 features a gang of cute monkeys enclosed in transparent balls, who the player must guide around the obstacle courses in order to guide them safely to the goal at the end. Obstacles to avoid and bypass include gaps, slopes, narrow ledges and moving platforms. Using the game's immersive controls, players can tilt and turn their iPhone to steer the character around, but that doesn't really tell you the half of it, this is a cute, addictive and very SEGA-ish game!

Streets of Rage 2 is the most beloved game in the Streets of Rage series, and sees players fighting the evil crime lord, Mr. X, in a series of street battles, complete with a complex plot and fast gameplay. The iOS version of the game includes multiplayer capability via Bluetooth, and the original Japanese version of Bare Knuckles II thrown in for good measure.

Click here to download Super Monkey Ball 2 for free on October 23 only: App Store - Super Monkey Ball 2

Click here to download Streets of Rage 2 for free on October 28 only: App Store - Streets of Rage 2

Source: SEGA

excellent! Now I just have to remember to check on the 23rd for monkey ball and 28th

Hmm, it's the 23rd and i've been checking for this offer. Still nothing yet...

Do they have a specific time for release?

Just keep checking during the day, check every few hours or this thread.. I will post that is available as soon as I find it free in the app store. Unless you find it before me because I wont be checking it so often

Still not free. Just checked. Me and the mrs used to love this game on the psp. Had I known is was available for iOS I would of gotten it already...

I bought the first one for my ios device and completed it all apart fromt he last level, that was impossible..

Super Monkey ball is now free in the app store ;)! Enjoy

Last edited:
Yep ^^ I edited my post a few hours ago to say that, but its a nice little addictive game.