What's new

Super fast iphone?

randizzard

Reaction score
K so I'm still pretty new to the entire process of theming but I am getting better. I've tried numerous themes, paid and free, minimal and extravagant, complete and segmented. But with all this work and experimenting I'm not satisfied with the speed and response time of any of these. I've also tried iOverclock and speed intensifier to try and ramp this bad boy up and to no avail, speed isn't a strong point. Looks although are top notch. This is coming from a former rooted android user being able to oc a processor to 1.3 ghz low voltage. Would love input, suggestions, and opinions please.

Thanks a ton!!!

You might just need to do a restore. I have used all sorts of themes like you, from minimalistic to over-the-top, and I have not noticed any degradation of performance.

See I actually already did that and the phone is fast until I re-jb and install my stuff. I just didn't know if there's another way to give this dam thing another dose of crack to speed it up lol. Also was thinking going back to android due to this issue. Thoughts?

Like you, I have a rooted Android and OC'd as high as I could. My jail broken 4S is still faster, IMO, than my Android. Currently, I running the pages theme with two different weather (one on lock screen and one on home screen) apps (both are UinAW modifications) Additionally, I have nothing but spring jumps in my dock.

The spring jumps are instant! The only lag I see is when I open an app and it displays the loading icon. The developer has a similar loading screen in ExistenZ so I'm guessing that is his personal style.

Otherwise, I've not noticed any issues.

Good luck,

Mike

See I actually already did that and the phone is fast until I re-jb and install my stuff. I just didn't know if there's another way to give this dam thing another dose of crack to speed it up lol. Also was thinking going back to android due to this issue. Thoughts?

It's probably some other tweak you have installed that is causing it to slow down. Also, if you restored from backup, that can restore settings that cause your phone to slow down. You should do a fresh restore, setup as new iPhone and install your Cydia tweaks one by one until you find out which tweak is causing the lag.

I don't have a 4s unfortunately. But I am gonna do another restore and start fresh thanks for the input from u guys. Also what exactly is a springjump

SpringJump is an app that allows you to place icons on your springboard to jump between springboard pages. For instance, you could place a springjump icon that would automatically take you to page 6 of your springboard, instead of swiping each page until you get to page 6.