What's new

Suddenly no sound for phone call or message. vibrates only

roving

Reaction score
Only alert I get when I get a call or text message is vibration. Airplane and Do not Disturb are both off. Correct sounds work when checked on Settings. iOS was 9.3.3. Updating to 9.3.4 last night did not solve problem. In upper right of screen is %battery, Bluetooth icon and a tiny arrow pointing to northeast. I don't recall the arrow being there before, but not certain about that. Under Settings my first choice is Vibrate and both are On. Next is Ringer and Alerts and sound slider is up over half. Next are the Patterns and testing there produces my selected sounds. Lock Sounds and Keyboard Clicks are both ON. I see no place where I can turn Sound On or Off. Any suggestions?? Is there a place where I can change Settings back to factory default?

The arrow heading northeast, is Location Services. It doesn't help muting or un-muting your device. If you don't want to use this feature, turn it off in Settings - Privacy - Location Services.

Is "Change with Buttons" (right below Ringer And Alerts) also enabled? If not, enable it. Then try using the volume buttons to adjust the sound.

To change all your settings back to default, go to General - Settings - Reset - Reset all Settings.

Many thanks to both of you for helping. Of course I totally forgot about the mute button being there as I never use it. Maybe I should in the future. Of course I had accidentally muted everything. Really great to get such super help, particularly when I do dumb things.

Many thanks to both of you for helping. Of course I totally forgot about the mute button being there as I never use it. Maybe I should in the future. Of course I had accidentally muted everything. Really great to get such super help, particularly when I do dumb things.
You're welcome, Glad to help.
I think most of us have done that at some point :)