What's new

Stuck on 1x

You know what all this time I've been thinking I've been talking to Darkstar and it's skull one. Got confused with the 20 yr old, thinking your only about 20 yourself. It's the avatar there virtually the same. You both trying to confuse the rest of us? (Laughs out loud)

iHolophyte

I have been using this "Avatar" and Call Sign since 1977. So that would be about 12 years before Darkstar2007 was born. So make him changes his :p!

I have been using this "Avatar" and Call Sign since 1977. So that would be about 12 years before Darkstar2007 was born. So make him changes his :p!

HaHa you heard him Darkstar. Respect your elders!!!

I still had to cancel this before I clicked send to double make sure it was Skull One and not Dark Star 😝

iHolophyte

Skull One said:

You got me there! :p
That was the year my parents graduated high school. Lol!! :D!

It used to show up as 1X on CDMA phones. This person is probably a Verizon user and that's why they referred to it as 1X.

Sprint. It's odd because I can travel to a location that I know has great 3G and it stays on 1xrtt. Thanks for the help, and sorry about referring to 1xrtt as 1X, that's how I have known it.

Enjoy the day.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

I like my run on sentences. As long as I put a question mark where it belongs i haven't seen anyone complain... I was actually good in my English class until it got advanced in the second grade lol....

1X is like what dumb phones run off of. It's the lowest service you can get. Your probably in a bad area Lol it happens

Sent from my  iPhone 4 using iPF.net App available in the App Store

The areas I am having the problem in have 3G. Like I said earlier, if I turn on Airplane mode, then turn it off, 3G returns.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

The areas I am having the problem in have 3G. Like I said earlier, if I turn on Airplane mode, then turn it off, 3G returns.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

As I dwell on your problem, I keep coming back to the scenario where your phone is doing a hand-off to a tower that isn't on the PRL (Preferred Roaming List) which causes the hand-off to do a fail over roll to the oldest CDMA frequency set. Once the phone is in that mode, it might just stay there till a condition changes it; IE your flipping airplane mode on and off.

So have you tried doing a *228 option 2 within the last 30 days?

horsehaulin said:
Don't have that option on Sprint.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

Yes you do.lol. Any CDMA phone has 2 networks to use: 1xrtt(2G) or EVDO(3G).

You cannot choose to stay on one or the other unless you jailbreak tho.

I was speaking in regards to*228. I can do ##update#. Did that and still did the same. Just going to take it to Apple in Indianapolis in two weeks and have them go through for a couple bugs. No biggie, thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.