What's new

Stuck on 1x

Horsehaulin

Reaction score
Few times now my phone has been stuck on 1X. Turn on Airplane mode for thirty seconds and it clears it up. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone 4S us

Few times now my phone has been stuck on 1X. Turn on Airplane mode for thirty seconds and it clears it up. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone 4S us

What's 1X? Stuck on 1X no matter how many times I say it still no idea what it means 😳

iHolophyte

yea do you mean one bar for your reception?

Good thinking bat man. More than likely is 1 bar. What was the question again? Oh yeah stuck on 1bar. Hmmmm not sure why to be honest other than carrier problems or bad reception area maybe. There's a few areas here in the UK that have terrible receptive areas, could just be like one of those. Try spinning around that's what we do here 😝

iHolophyte

My phone does that when I would remove my sim card a lot when testing stuff. Shutting it off and turning it back on solved it. If it is randomly happening take it to apple.

No, the circle indicating I am in 1x data. If I turn on Airplane mode, then turn it off the phone goes back to 3G.

Sent from my iPhone 4S.

Mind posting a screenshot. I've never seen that before. What Carrier do you have?

I know exactly what your referring too.

a4c5191e.jpg

When you turn Airplane mode on, you kill the signal coming in on your phone, then when you cut it back on, it immediately searches for the signal again.

I used to have to do this all the time. It was annoying, but it was mainly because I lived out in the boonies at the time. Sometimes it'd find the 3G signal after I pulled this trick, sometimes it wouldn't.

It's a network issue though. It's not your device.

Last edited:
1x is CDMA's 2G network. (1xrtt is what the CDMA 2G network is called)