What's new

Stuck in recovery mode.

Jaymie

Reaction score
So I tried to reset my iPhone 4 to factory default as a new device on itunes
and it would never finish the process. I get an error everytime and I can't seem
to get out of the recovery mode. Took it to sprint and they said take it to apple store.
No time for that, can anyone help me?

Welcome to iPhoneForums.

Follow this tutorial, which will net you a fresh copy of iOS 7.1.

Welcome to iPhoneForums.

Follow this tutorial, which will net you a fresh copy of iOS 7.1.

Followed all instructions and I get error 3149. "Could not restore"

On tinyumbrella, my device shows " Device NOT Connected"

I even tried pressing "exit recovery mode", it shows the apple logo then just goes back to the usb-itunes logo.

I'm stuck in Recovery mode and cannot go into DFU mode no matter what I do, it just loops back to recovery mode.
I turn off my phone, and whenever I connect it to PC to try to get into DFU mode, it just starts the recovery mode automatically.

Followed all instructions and I get error 3149. "Could not restore"

On tinyumbrella, my device shows " Device NOT Connected"

I even tried pressing "exit recovery mode", it shows the apple logo then just goes back to the usb-itunes logo.

I'm stuck in Recovery mode and cannot go into DFU mode no matter what I do, it just loops back to recovery mode.
I turn off my phone, and whenever I connect it to PC to try to get into DFU mode, it just starts the recovery mode automatically.

At the Connect to iTunes appearance, press and hold both the power/sleep and the home buttons together for 10 full seconds, then release the power/sleep button and maintain the home button being pressed until you hear hardware being connected to your computer, then release it. Even if you're in Recovery Mode, you should be able to get to DFU mode as it does not require a software aspect since DFU mode is in the boot chain prior to the firmware startup. If you plug your device into your computer, it will initiate the boot sequence. Your device has to be pre-connected to your computer prior to starting the DFU process or your device will just boot into Recovery mode in its current state.

At the Connect to iTunes appearance, press and hold both the power/sleep and the home buttons together for 10 full seconds, then release the power/sleep button and maintain the home button being pressed until you hear hardware being connected to your computer, then release it. Even if you're in Recovery Mode, you should be able to get to DFU mode as it does not require a software aspect since DFU mode is in the boot chain prior to the firmware startup. If you plug your device into your computer, it will initiate the boot sequence. Your device has to be pre-connected to your computer prior to starting the DFU process or your device will just boot into Recovery mode in its current state.

That's the problem, it won't go into DFU mode. I've done several ways of getting into DFU mode and it just loops back to recovery.

That's the problem, it won't go into DFU mode. I've done several ways of getting into DFU mode and it just loops back to recovery.

Hi I think I'm having the same problem it just keeps saying recovery mode on mine as well. Any solution?

Hi I think I'm having the same problem it just keeps saying recovery mode on mine as well. Any solution?

Create a DFU IPSW and use it with iTunes to place your device into DFU. DFU will flawlessly stay as DFU. If it backs out as recovery before even using iTunes to restore, then you're doing something wrong

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk Pro