What's new

Streaming Radio Data Usage

ttfan

Reaction score
Please can someone tell me "if it's at all possible" roughly how much data say 1 hour of live radio stream in gb I want to listen to the Isle of Man TT this sat on live stream radio but worried about data usage
thank you
Mick

depending on the streaming quality.
for a 64kb/s of streaming you get: 230400kb/h ~ 225Mb/h ~ 0.219gb/h
for a 32kb/s of streaming you get: 115200kb/h ~ 112Mb/h ~ 0.110gb/h

So, if you never used any other data, in 10 hours @ 64kb/s or 20 hours @ 32kb/s you would have used over 2gb of data for the month and incurred and overage charge, if you didn't have the unlimited plan or maybe a 5gb plan. Just be aware of the cost involved and don't get a "surprise" when you get your bill.

So, if you never used any other data, in 10 hours @ 64kb/s or 20 hours @ 32kb/s you would have used over 2gb of data for the month and incurred and overage charge, if you didn't have the unlimited plan or maybe a 5gb plan. Just be aware of the cost involved and don't get a "surprise" when you get your bill.

:) yes it will cost $ but I think that radio, or tv, or videos apps i mean anything that stream are set on a way that when on 3g or edge they have restrictions to not stream over 32kb/s or 64kb/s. Depend on each applications. But when I know I don't have the unlimited plan, I wouldn't dare streaming over edge or 3G. Only wifi.

Many thanks to those who replied you were of great assistance, not going to bother will just watch it on sat night
Thanks
ttfan