What's new

Strange circle next to verizon

iJeff

Reaction score
Every now and again where the 3g is, i get an 0 or a circle in its place. Any clue as to why or what this is?

jbs06civicsi said:
Every now and again where the 3g is, i get an 0 or a circle in its place. Any clue as to why or what this is?

Lol civic thats the edge symbol. Meaning wherever you are, you're not getting good coverage in that area.

LOL, Darkstar. Thats just way to funny that as i post it your phone is doing exactly what i posted about. I only get this in my bathroom.....lol

Perfect term

GPRS/1xRTT
Shows that your carrier’s GPRS (GSM) or 1xRTT (CDMA) network is available, and iPhone can connect to the Internet over that network. See How iPhone Connects to the Internet.

jbs06civicsi said:

Lol civic thats the edge symbol. Meaning wherever you are, you're not getting good coverage in that area.
Thats just way to weird, i thought i had some Apple spying going on. Apple gate......lol

jbs06civicsi said:
Thats just way to weird, i thought i had some Apple spying going on. Apple gate......lol

Lol. Youve been watching 1984 again I see. Lol

jbs06civicsi said:
LOL, Darkstar. Thats just way to funny that as i post it your phone is doing exactly what i posted about. I only get this in my bathroom.....lol

Lol I get it on the couch. Which just flat out sucks! :D

jbs06civicsi said:

Lol I get it on the couch. Which just flat out sucks! :D

hmmmm. I thought that little circle meant that you were connected to 2G instead of 3G? which is just slower internet service?

zig9449 said:
hmmmm. I thought that little circle meant that you were connected to 2G instead of 3G? which is just slower internet service?

You thought right. We mentioned that in the previous posts!

Actually, it means you are connected to their CDMA2000 1x network, which while being the slowest CDMA2000 mode; is still considered 3G.

So it means you are connected to slow 3G as opposed to the faster EV-DO network (CDMA2000 EV-DO Rev. A on most newer phones).

Source:

CDMA2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Actually, it means you are connected to their CDMA2000 1x network, which while being the slowest CDMA2000 mode; is still considered 3G.

So it means you are connected to slow 3G as opposed to the faster EV-DO network (CDMA2000 EV-DO Rev. A on most newer phones).

Source:

CDMA2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hmmm. Never knew that. I'm glad you clarified. I noticed I get that circle in my house sometimes if wifi is off or not connected at the moment. And it is definitely slower Internet. Feels like real 2G, that's for sure. Where I'm at anyway.