What's new

Verizons relations with Edge?

Berta

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering who Verizon uses for Internet in those bad places where 3G doesn't come in. You know, when the little circle appears.
Are they using Edge?

Yeah that's what I was thinking but I have an IT buddy that says thEy use some crappy stuff

Yeah that's what I was thinking but I have an IT buddy that says thEy use some crappy stuff

Not edge, 1X is the CDMA equivalent of EDGE. EVDO is the 3G part. Your IT guy is "somewhat" right, 1X sucks for data thruput but is better than nothing. It's no more crappy than EDGE, just a different technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a camp in the mountains and I'm able to use my phone to tether with 1x (I have Verizon). It's not the fastest, but it gets the job done. Hope this helps.

Daryl James

Last edited:
We have a camp in the mountains and I'm able to use my phone to tether with 1x (I have Verizon). It's not the fastest, but it gets the job done. Hope this helps.

Daryl James

I'm kindly calling you to remove the link from your signature. Also please take time to read the forum rules as to respect them all. This is a friendly advice. Your account is going to be banned if you post again with that link in your signature. Thanks for respecting the forum rules.

Last edited:

Daryl James
Black iPhone Accessories | USB Cables, Adapter Cubes, Earphones | BlackiPhoneAccessories.com

I'm kindly calling you to remove the link from your signature. Also please take time to read the forum rules as to respect them all. This is a friendly advice. Your account is going to be banned if you post again with that link in your signature. Thanks for respecting the forum rules.

Removed.