What's new

Stored Messages!!???

sillysmom

Reaction score
Holy Crap!!! I just for some unknown reason checked my usage on my 4S with ios 7 installed and it says I have 5.5 gb of stored messages! What is that and how do I delete it? I have no texts open. Someone suggested to go into a text, click on text, click on more and delete all, then do a hard reset. Did all that and nothing has changed. That is a crazy amount of space! Anyone else with this issue? Any suggestions or solutions?

It's cached messages on your phone among other files.

I'd actually recommend this app here from the AppStore. It does run you a buck, but it does the job just fine. Basically it removes cached files such as messages caches, cookies, temps, etc if you don't delete them, etc. It's similar to a tweak available to jailbroken devices but can be used for all devices.

Last edited:
try imobie phone clean it is free and it is great

Thanks for ur reply. I couldn't wait it was driving me nuts so I called Apple, they said it was crazy of course for me to have 5.5 gb of texts, it would mean 5 years straight of texting nonstop and never erasing them. So, they suggested doing a backup to the cloud and resetting the phone. I did that and it was all gone, however a little bit later I looked and it said 3.5 gb of texts. Before I could call Apple back, I looked again and they were gone. It's been 2 days and they haven't come back so I think I'm good.