What's new

Texts won't send to specific number(s)

nickib622

Reaction score
I have just converted from Android to my new 5c and so far I REALLY like it! For some unknown reason, there is one person (at least, so far anyway) that I can NOT get a text to send to! She is using an iPhone also and already suggested I turn off iMessage, which I did. Nothing will text from me TO her, but I can receive texts from her to me.

Any thoughts on this? I don't have the option of "send as text" when I tap and hold the unsent message (as suggested in a Google search), so I am virtually stuck.

Thanks!

Have you tried a hard reset? Hold both the top button and the home button until the Apple logo appears. If that doesn't work, try a "reset network settings" if you're on wifi. Settings>General>Reset>reset network settings. Afterward, you'll have to re enter your wifi password.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great idea, thank you. I tried both, but neither worked. :-( I don't know if this means anything, but it "looks" like it's sending, green "sending" bar goes almost to the end of the screen, then boom, just stops and I get "not delivered." Any other thoughts?

*Edit* - guess what? I just sent a "Test" text and it went through, as did another, short text. Maybe the other one is too long? WEIRD!

Last edited:
Is the other person listed in your contacts? If not, try adding them. If so, delete the whole contact then add it back from scratch. Be sure the number is correct. Since both are iPhones, iMessage should work if they are both turned on in settings. If all that fails, call your carrier or Apple Support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk