What's new

Stop Safari country redirection

snaggle

Reaction score
Hi,
I am so frustrated with the country specific pages that Safari or the server redirects me to. For instance Tripadvisor, it takes me to Tripadvisor.co.uk when I type Tripadvisor.com, etc.. For google it seems easy to fix just type in NCR after google.com but for other pages....

Is there any setting or plug in or something for Safari to stop revealing my location and stop redirecting me???

Hi,
I am so frustrated with the country specific pages that Safari or the server redirects me to. For instance Tripadvisor, it takes me to Tripadvisor.co.uk when I type Tripadvisor.com, etc.. For google it seems easy to fix just type in NCR after google.com but for other pages....

Is there any setting or plug in or something for Safari to stop revealing my location and stop redirecting me???
These redirects are location based and in many cases can't be circumvented without signing up for a VPN service which will make the servers think your device is somewhere other than where it actually is. If you want to access the American trip advisor site from the UK, for example, you would need a VPN IP address in the U.S..

Not tried that one Led. I would more prefer a browser not just a search engine.

If there was an alternativr to Safari that could act as a VPN or fake my country or prevent redirection would be the best. ButvI am cluelress which would do.