What's new

Stolen iPhone 4 still on according to cell co. Any way to remotely access it???!?

sudsy101

Reaction score
I am looking for some help here!!!!

So my iPhone 4 has been taken. I do have a pass code # for it and usually have it locked. However, I do not want my photos and contact list available to anyone who has the phone.

My cell phone company has tracked the phone and advise it is on, have a general location for it, but can't say exactly where it is. It has apparently not been used and has remained on for at least 6 hours. Is there any way I can remotely access this thing to delete contacts, personal info, etc?? I do not have mobile ME or anything like that. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Thank you.

with out on on those types of programs...think your out of luck
im sure there is a way for law enforcemnt to do it,track a particular phone accurately,but i dont beleive it would be availible for something like a phone theft...just"national security" or some other BS

Page 53 of the user guide:
Remote Wipe: Lets you protect your privacy by erasing all media and data on iPhone, restoring it to factory settings
Use Find My iPhone: You need to turn on Find My iPhone on iPhone before you can use these features. See “Setting Up MobileMe Accounts” on page 25.
To locate your missing iPhone and use the other Find My iPhone features, download the free Find My iPhone app from the App Store on another iOS device, or sign in to me.com in a web browser on a Mac or PC.

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/iPhone_iOS4_User_Guide.pdf

sad for u... but u shld install find my iphone apps so that u can remote from ur pc...

Thanks for the replies! My insurance company is covering the cost of a new phone and I will be adding mobile me and backing up my contacts this time around sooner! (My useless Apple Care Protection plan does not!).