What's new

Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

darkstar2007 said:
I just want to wish Steve Jobs good luck, and thank him for all he's done with apple! :D I hope he enjoys his retirement and recovers from his cancer. I believe Tim Cook will take over as CEO and I have full confidence in his ability to help innovation and push Apple forward!

100% agree. He should stop by ipf and say farewell

He is still chairman !!! So :) sign of relief :D

This is a very sad news to all Apple lovers on Earth. The good news is Steve Jobs resigns as Apple CEO but named company chairman. Tim Cook, Steve Jobs' right-hand man, takes the helm of Apple at a time when its iPhone and iPad face more credible competition than ever before. Let see what happens in future.

well it was on TV was well that he resigned....

I wonder what will happen to the future of apple and their products. As long as steve will be ok though thats the main thing, and wozniak he says he does not really have much to do with the company any more

Praying for Steve Jobs.... from the sound of it, he left the company in good hands.

i think this will open so many doors to the world of apple and we could see many more new things to come over the next year i really hope that steve's heath gets better

I couldn't care less if I'm honest. And after all I'm allowed to have this opinion before you all jump up! Freedom of speech!

I couldn't care less if I'm honest. And after all I'm allowed to have this opinion before you all jump up! Freedom of speech!

Well every one is entitled to their opinion and not every one loves/likes him. I hate the fact he hated jailbreaking and tried to much to stop it...

But he was there from the start him and his friend steve and now from nothing the company grew so much and now that apple is finally getting more and more popular compared to how it used to be he is stepping down at the companies peak when its doing so well. But health comes first and hopefully he will be ok..

Unleashed said:
Well every one is entitled to their opinion and not every one loves/likes him. I hate the fact he hated jailbreaking and tried to much to stop it...

But he was there from the start him and his friend steve and now from nothing the company grew so much and now that apple is finally getting more and more popular compared to how it used to be he is stepping down at the companies peak when its doing so well. But health comes first and hopefully he will be ok..

You misread my post. I mean I couldn't care less who is/was/will be the CEO of apple. After all I do not see anyone at apple giving everyone of us something for nothing. Everyone is out to make money and that apples to steve. Well done for accomplishing that. I have no beef with steve or anyone at apple but when posts are saying "oh no what now? Will apple breakdown and crumble and how will I survive" that's the part I couldn't care less about. Who gives a crooks egg whether apple lives or dies! There is always something around the corner bigger and brighter!

Unleashed said:

You misread my post. I mean I couldn't care less who is/was/will be the CEO of apple. After all I do not see anyone at apple giving everyone of us something for nothing. Everyone is out to make money and that apples to steve. Well done for accomplishing that. I have no beef with steve or anyone at apple but when posts are saying "oh no what now? Will apple breakdown and crumble and how will I survive" that's the part I couldn't care less about. Who gives a crooks egg whether apple lives or dies! There is always something around the corner bigger and brighter!

I see, apologies then I thought you said you did not care that steve is stepping down...

Now would that not be fitting if Steve Wozniak came back to apple and took over? he wanted apple to be an open os, if he was in charge there would never have been a need to jailbreak our idevices.

yeah people are saying that apple will collapse with out steve but i dont believe thats true, It would be a shame for them to fall now but even if they did then I think a lot of people would turn to windows or revert back to windows or linux/unix.

Steve was a very important part of apple but they will be 100% fine with out him.

It's not like he's going to disappear from the apple lifestyle. I'm sure he's going to be there but way in the background.

probably he will show his face from time to time if he can, try out some new devices or give his opinion