What's new

Steps for Selling my iphone...

Belphegor

Reaction score
i would like to sell off my iphone...

what would be the steps / things to do so that none of my personal data stays in the phone and also it is convenient for the new user to start using the phone... i plan to buy an iphone 5 later on when it is out in the market...

suggestions are much appreciated...

---------------------------------
iphone 4... 16GB... Black... 4.3.3...

recently jailbroken via redsnow...

iTunes 10.3.1.55...

Delete all your messages and notes, transfer all your contacts to your PC/laptop and you're good to go. If you want to keep your apps for the next user, you may do so. But may I remind you that the iPhone 5 will come out October or next year 2012 so maybe you'd have to put your selling of your iPhone 4 on hold. Unless you have a spare phone on the side, then okay :D

Delete all your messages and notes, transfer all your contacts to your PC/laptop and you're good to go

do u recommend 'Reset All Settings' or 'Erase All Content and Settings'?

if i erase all the contents will it undo the jailbreak?... will it act as a total factory reset like other phones?...

but i want to keep the apps for the new user as an added advantage to entice him to buy the phone from me... on the other hand i dont want to keep a single it of my personal data...

:-(

As soon as the new owner hooks the iphone 4 upto his/her itunes and syncs the app's you downloaded will cease to exist.

The new owners going to want to mod it to their own tastes anyway.

I suggest you check out your post in macrumours for the advice you have been given there.