What's new

Selling a Sprint iPhone

iDroppedAndroid

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My wife is wanting to get rid of her iPhone on Sprint and switch to the Galaxy Nexus when it lands on Sprint. My question to you is, how would I go about switching the two phones? This no sim card deal is confusing to me. I plan on selling her phone and buying the Nexus off eBay or Craigslist. Would it just be simpler to pay the ETF on her line and then add the line back? I'm hoping to not have to put any cash out until I have her phone sold. Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

With Sprint and Verizon being CDMA carriers the cellular network is attached to that device via an ESN #. Any Sprint store or Sprint CS can do an ESN swap from one phone to another... as long as your contract is in good standing and the new device isn't blacklisted for any reason.

Thank you for your reply. So I guess she'll need to buy (or I will is more like it lol) the Nexus before her phone is sold, then take both phones into a Sprint store?

Sent from my iPhone 4s

Not necessarily... they can release the iPhones ESN from your account and you'd be free to sell it. Then, whenever you acquire a different device they'll add it's ESN to that specific phone line. Only thing is you'll still be paying for service on that line even though there isn't a device on it.