What's new

Starbucks Stores Now Offering Free iOS Apps

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6VUfJxIBlk&feature=player_detailpage]Shazam LyricPlay - YouTube[/ame]​

Cnet has a story today about a new Starbucks promotion offering free iPhone apps to their in-store customers. Basically, all you have to do to get a free app is pick up one of the free “Pick of the Week” cards that you will find near to the cash register in store. The cards have codes on the back that you use in iTunes to get the free app of the week. The first app to be offered as part of this new promotion in the US is Shazam Encore, which is a music app normally worth $5.99, so not too shabby! Of course Starbucks was already teaming up with Apple to offer customers a free song of the week from iTunes, so this is basically just an extension of that. Cnet has had no confirmation from Starbucks as to whether or not it will still be offering free music tracks as well as the free app, or if the free apps have taken the place of the music.

Source: Starbucks serves up free iPhone apps | Apple Talk - CNET News

darkstar2007 said:
Well this is neat. Thanks for the heads up!!

iPhone 4 16Gb 4.2.8 (jbme 3.0) Moderator @ iPhoneforum staff

I believe there trying this to cover up johanthans card issue

Shazam Encore is the app this week. Very cool... its a $5.99 app for free!!!

I got my app cards today :)

not bad at all.... I dont go to starbucks much any more since their drinks are full of sugar

Unleashed said:
not bad at all.... I dont go to starbucks much any more since their drinks are full of sugar

I agree with this statement. I only drink dunkin donuts.

Last edited:
You can get coffee with no sugar like I do :)

probably... I love the white mocha and the frappachino mostly and the caramel latte.

Unleashed said:

I agree with this statement. I only drink donuts.

Donuts probably have less sugar then one of them coffees ;p

some one once said to me that the starbucks is the mcdonalds of coffee places and i agree with this statement.

Oops I meant Dunkin donuts. I knew this girl who introduced me to the white mocha chocolate with soy. Besides that Starbucks won't trick me into a location with free apps.

ah the dunkin donuts... what where you drinking before your friend introduced you to the white mocha?

Unleashed said:
ah the dunkin donuts... what where you drinking before your friend introduced you to the white mocha?

Before that i didn't drink coffee. The closet I came to it was the small packets in military rations

Im like dunkin donuts but my closest one is 32 miles away :-( and Starbucks is on 4 miles away. Even so we go more to Barnes and Nobles for coffee and reading.

iFrog said:
Im like dunkin donuts but my closest one is 32 miles away :-( and Starbucks is on 4 miles away. Even so we go more to Barnes and Nobles for coffee and reading.

I bought a Dunkin donuts pack from the local grocery. I thought barnes and nobles closed down.