What's new

Spyware or Viruses for Iphone?

spong128

Reaction score
I was recently checking my email from my iphone and then a funny thing happened where it downloaded a bunch of emails which appeared to indicate that my email had been hacked. i know i had not been on my macbook pro so there shouldn't be any way that i downloaded a virus on my macbook.

It looked like someone had gotten into my email address book and sent sent spam to all my friends. However, from my recollection, I had been mainly using my Iphone to check my mail at that time.

My question is: Can the Iphone also get computer viruses or download viruses into my email account?

(If it can, then watch out everyone, because it IS a real threat!)

No, the iPhone cannot. (or extremely rare) But your email account isn't on your phone it's on a server that can be hacked. So you will need to take care or close your account from there.

Do you face book? I have heard many stories of Facebook accounts getting hacked and then those mass e-mails are sent under your account. Or one of your friends could have been hacked and you are receiving those e-mails? Gl. Hope you get it resolved.

I'm having the exact same issue, an email with a link promoting a weight-loss pill, was sent to all of the
contacts from each of the 5 different email accts that I have linked to my iPhone. Is there a way to scan or check your phone for viruses?

The phone, as of this writing [still] can't get a virus. Check your e-mail account on the server side. It may have been hacked there.

Marilyn

One thing to notice when your email supposedly mass emails out to your contacts... Look at someone's email who get it from you. It is your name but often look closely and it's not your email attached to it. So it steals your name and contacts but sends through a different server and obscure email address. .

Sent from my Sweet White 32g iPhone5 using Tapatalk