What's new

Sprint Pledges to Continue to Offer Unlimited Data Even With a 4G LTE iPhone

Maura

iPhoneForums.Net News Team
Staff member
Reaction score
4970-sprint.JPG

Sprint has just made itself an even more attractive proposition to iPhone owners today by announcing that it intends to keep on offering unlimited data packages to customers when the next iPhone arrives, even though it will most likely have 4G LTE capabilities, which will eat up data at a massive rate. Sprint CEO Dan Hesse told CNET the good news in an interview today, saying “I’m not anticipating the unlimited plan would change by that point, that’s our distinctive difference,” when he was asked about the prospect of a 4G LTE iPhone combined with an unlimited data plan. Hesse went on to tell CNET how successful the unlimited data plans for smartphones have been for Sprint, and in particular in terms of iPhone customers, “Frankly, it’s a marriage made in heaven. We’re clearly attracting customers from our competitors.”

And talking of Sprint and iPhones, the company also announced its first-quarter earnings today, which showed that it activated 1.5 million iPhones in the quarter, with 44% of those being for new customers.

Source: Sprint confirms unlimited data plan for next iPhone | Mobile - CNET News

I just wish Sprint had better coverage in my area!! If it's better by the time our next iPhone hits... I'm dropping AT&T & going to Sprint!