What's new

Spigen Neo Hybrid EX Slim Metal Review.

Reaction score
Hello,

So Ive had this bumper case for 2 weeks now and I thought Id do a quick and dirty review on it for anyone that may be interested in one.

Cost: 31.99
What in the box?
Inner and outer bumper case
2 front screen crystal screen protectors.
1 back back protector.
Squeegee and microfiber cloth.
3 rubber jelly button covers(black, white, orange). I used the white. Its nice.

The back screen protect is very nice and works great.
The crystal screen protector, is well, the crystal screen protector. Its good stuff. Works fine.

THE BUMPER

The fit and finish of the bumper is very very nice.
$phone_5_neo_hybrid_ex_slim_metal-satin_silver_spigen.jpg
^^^ Thats what I bought.

White silicone type stuff with a satin silver bumper.

I have yet to have a problem with it falling off/coming apart. PERIOD. Not one time.
Its actually not all that easy to get off in the first place.
The white is a very nice clinical white. It goes well with my white iphone.
The case is very sturdy, it doesnt scratch easy.

1 con so far.

The 30 pin to lightning corded adapter doesnt fit.....??
I cant tell you why apple would make that lightning cable any thicker vs the charging cable, but they did. Thats Apple for you I guess....

But it was very very easy to mod(2 cuts). After the mod it fit perfect. After the mod the case is still very stable. Just as it was before the mod.

View attachment 11651

Anyways. The case is great. I havent really had any problem with it. It feels great in the hand and is very functional.

AS ALWAYS, ONLY BUY SPIGEN PRODUCTS FROM THE SPIGEN WEB SITE. IF YOU DO NOT, YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY TYPE OF WARRANTY. PERIOD

IF YOU BUY THE PRODUCTS FROM AMAZON, IT DOES NOT COME WITH THEIR WARRANTY. SURPRISED? ME TOO! ANYWAYS, YOU CAN CONFIRM THIS BY GOING TO THERE FAQ PAGE.

Ok well, I hope that I have helped someone out there

Last edited:
I also have the spigen neo hybrid ex metal. Mines black and metal slate. I love it. It is very well made and protects very good. I liked it enough to purchase the same one buy the vivid model is soul black. I will only buy spigen products from here on out. Ill try to pat a pic with it and my glas.tr with aluminum home button.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 1,046
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,005
I also have the spigen neo hybrid ex metal. Mines black and metal slate. I love it. It is very well made and protects very good. I liked it enough to purchase the same one buy the vivid model is soul black. I will only buy spigen products from here on out. Ill try to pat a pic with it and my glas.tr with aluminum home button.

Looks great! I wish they would sell the outers separate!!! I REALLY like the vivid red, but it comes with a black silicon. My girl has a black iphone so I guess she could use it, but she is hard on cases and i dont like sharing!

I do have a lime green on the way though!

:D:D

I have the vivid red but I dont really like it... been thinking of putting it on Ebay or something, so if you want it, shoot me a PM and we can work something out. I just got my Sector 5 and freaking LOVE it.

I used the screen protector and one of the jellys, so this is basically just the bumper...

8AB3B9DE-AF04-44FF-AEF5-C919E2A1914E-5602-000000A2A8B71830_zps55a6a102.jpg

Last edited:
I have the vivid red but I dont really like it... been thinking of putting it on Ebay or something, so if you want it, shoot me a PM and we can work something out. I just got my Sector 5 and freaking LOVE it.

I used the screen protector and one of the jellys, so this is basically just the bumper...
pmed!

The sector 5's look AWESOME! But, waaaaaaay out of my price range for a case. 100 max for a case and that for a battery case. :)
Im sure once i get out of school i'll bump myself up to 200 max for a case. But im also a case whore....who knows.

Once you get a feel for the sector 5 you purchased you should do a little mini review on here after like 2 weeks. I'd love to read it!

I like it too, but $31 for. Cost of a bumper is too fat IMHO.

i have 2 of them. while its nice, imo its def not worth 32 bucks. you can buy something of the same quality on ebay for 5 bucks.

for those that are usign the white rubber, does it get dirty easily? i been using a black rubber with my white iphone. it doesnt look as good but i dont want the white to dirty. all my previous light colored rubber cases always gets stains on it.

I recently when over it with a clorox wipe and it looks good and new so far. thats about all i can say as of now.

that's a beauty...but $32 is a bit too pricy for a bumper case IMO

I have used this bumper on my phone since the days it has come out and I love it. So much so, that I just got the slim bumper also, along with the Spigen Glas.t?

My daughter uses the same set up on her phone, but in white. She is around dirt almost daily (rides horse and does horse chores) and hers is still white, she will just wash it off if it gets dingy looking and it's good as new.

I am typically one that changes cases a lot, trying to find the right fit for me but I haven't had any desire to use anything other than the Spigen Glas and bumper set up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD