What's new

Specific Question

Daca

Reaction score
Hi All,

I read many treads here but couldn't find the answer to this.

I understand the Sync and how it works, but was wondering how can I transfer the PHONE CONTACTS ONLY form my 3GS to 4S?

I'd like to avoid transferring settings, songs, memos, etc, etc, and transfer the phone numbers ONLY that I had in my old 3GS to my brand new 4S?!?!

Is this possible or I have to transfer/Sync the whole lot?!?

Thanks heaps!!!

Cheers.

Hmm .. I live in Australia, there is no AT&T telco here, I'm on Optus.

Also, the SIM cards on 3GS and 4S are not of the same size, so copying the contacts this way is impossible.

:photos:

Why not backup and restore. Your settings and contacts will be there. And if you manually add music then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

iCrank said:
Why not backup and restore. Your settings and contacts will be there. And if you manually add music then you wouldn't have to worry about it.

As icrank said. Back it up on iTunes. Simples!

Thanks guys, I've already synced the thing, but apart from the contacts many other things got in as well.

The Q is how to transfer the contacts ONLY.

:iphone4vert:

Thanks

Any thoughts?!

Thanks

:appstore:

The contacts are not associated with email account, rather from and old Nokia phone with a SIM card in it.

Thanks

:phone:

iCrank, would you know how to transfer the contacts from an ordinary Sim card to the new iPhone 4s please?!

Thanks

:camera:

Anyone else with the clue?

Thanks

:photos:

Daca said:
iCrank, would you know how to transfer the contacts from an ordinary Sim card to the new iPhone 4s please?!

Thanks

:camera:

I'm not familiar with gsm iPhones. Is there a option on the Nokia phone to export the contacts. If so just cut the sim and import the contacts to the iPhone.

*i have been researching this an apparently if you install Nokia and depending on your model you can backup your contacts from that and import them directly to the iPhone using this.

Last edited: