What's new

Sound Alert Problem!! HELP!!

mamacat104

Reaction score
good morning.
I am using the iphone 5s
All was working good yesterday... no issues.. suddenly it will no longer ring when I get a message... sounds are set, ringer sound is up high, All the alert settings are same as the always have been.. I rechecked them all and rechecked them 3 times.. everything is turned on..
When I plugged in the phone to charge it, it always made a ding-dong type noise.. The ONLY thing my phone is doing now is vibrating.. NO sound alerts at all... it even vibrates when I plug in the charger and NOT the ding-dong sound
I turned off the phone and back on but still not working...
Any idea what is wrong??? I really need my messages to alert me when one comes in...very important...

thanks
Barbara

I Think I found problem.... I hope.. I didn't know what the button on the side was for and it was changed..I never touch that one button, but it got moved.. think it was my problem.
thanks

I've had that problem. What I ended up doing is turning on notifications for messages. I have the badges, alert text display on lock screen off but allowed the sound notification now the text tone I selected works.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414101656.977953.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414101656.977953.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 605
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414101676.984300.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414101676.984300.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 577
Last edited: