What's new

Sorting videos and photos

ricstevens

Reaction score
Hi, recent new to iPhone, I have a 4S. I have many videos and photos in camera roll however after searching the web I can't seem to find an easy way to separate videos from photos. I know you can view them separately within the iPhone camera. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
This is frustrating and if anyone knows a how or if there is a decent app that can do itit would be

I have only used iOS since version 4, so I can't speak about anything early on, but the camera roll has always contained both photos and videos combined for the last two years and there is no way to separate them in the camera roll.

The only solution I am aware of is to dump all the photos thru iTunes and then create new folders for each. Then you have to sync those two folders. The bad side to that is, you can then only delete anything thru iTunes and anything new you take will still be in the camera roll until you dump, split and resync again.

Thanks I thought it might be something annoying as this. I would've expected something a bit better though from the camera facility

I have only used iOS since version 4, so I can't speak about anything early on, but the camera roll has always contained both photos and videos combined for the last two years and there is no way to separate them in the camera roll.

The only solution I am aware of is to dump all the photos thru iTunes and then create new folders for each. Then you have to sync those two folders. The bad side to that is, you can then only delete anything thru iTunes and anything new you take will still be in the camera roll until you dump, split and resync again.

I just created a new folder in Photos called vids and put them in there.
They are still in the camera roll of course but easy to find in the new folder (s)

Excellent. That is a feature I have never used before. Will have to give it a try myself.