What's new

Sorting bookmarks

Michael Graubart

Reaction score
I am sure this is an old topic, but I cannot find anything here, so here goes.

Is there an app (like an iOS equivalent to SafariSort) that will sort the bookmarks alphabetically in Safari on my iPhone SE (iOS 10.2)?

After I have sorted the Safari bookmarks on my Mac, iCloud syncing adds them to Safari on my phone and allocates those of them that I have saved in folders on the Mac to the right folders on the phone, but neither these nor ones that are just in the Bookmarks Menu and not in a folder appear in their rightful alphabetic place on the phone. (I know I can sort them manually on the phone: bookmarks menu / edit and then drag, but an app that does it automatically would be very useful.)

I doubt it. Apple usually doesn't allow apps that have control of native apps and I'm glad they don't. Android gets all tangled in that mess and it's never good. I just sort them as I add them and don't let them get ahead of doing it.

Sounds like good advice, iPhoneionium — thank you. I shall follow it, certainly as far as my phone is concerned. On the Mac, SafariSort is useful, so I may continue to use it now and then.